Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-13 04:30:30

paulpegg

ccs files

This is a general question that has me stumped. When I have a site open in Chrome and highlight an item the inspector will show me the css and line number for the item I am interested in. When I open that css file in an editor it shows many fewer lines and the selector I want is not found. How can this be?

I worked around the problem by copying the selector from inspector and putting it in my custom.css.

Example: Open www.photoimpressions.org in Chrome, select any gallery and open any image for the highslide show. Select the caption and open inspector. it will show that the font size is 12 at line 1442 in style-component.css. (Over-ridden to 14 in custom.css) When I open the component.css in Notepad++ or my Cuteftp editor they only shows 879 lines. Inspector shows that there are 1734 lines in this file.

you can spend days trying to find selectors that you know should be there but you can't see them. Any ideas what is going no here?

#2 2015-04-13 05:21:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: ccs files

I don't know. Doing the same thing with the inspector in Firefox shows line 1442. If I go to that file and copy the css into notepad++, it's still at line 1442

it also shows up on line 1442 in Chrome's inspector.

there is more than one style-component.css file. There's one in the /lib/css/ folder (which has only about 877 lines)

there will also be one in your gallery templates' ./lib/css/ folder. These css files are meant for the individual component.

So the one in /lib/css/ is meant for Pages. The one in your template's folder is meant for albums using that template

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-13 05:58:40

paulpegg

Re: ccs files

AHA! Thanks for this one. It takes while to figure out where everything is. Inspector didn't seem to differentiate and I assumed there was only one css set in/lib.

Board footer