Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-01 23:03:59

gmansfield

Problems with Pages/Stage & Publisher

I am trying to recreate my CE3 site to a CE4 site basically in the same style except that I can mange the Gallery on the home page by using publisher. My CE3 site is www.graham-mansfield.com and I have created that site using CE4 Pages as well as Stage to create the gallery. Whilst it seems to be ok within Lightroom when I publish it i get this http://graham-mansfield.com/test/
Comparing this with the CE3 site you see that the text block at the bottom seems to only have a link in it even though in Lightroom it all looks perfect. I have been trying for days to find out what I am doing wrong and wonder if you can help me?

Thanks in advance.

graham

#2 2015-04-02 00:02:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problems with Pages/Stage & Publisher

That link is breadcrumbs. Disable that in your pages-gallery album. I don't recall off the top of my head which tab it's under.
You can add text in the Content tab of the Edit Album dialog

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-02 00:11:47

gmansfield

I'm sorry Rod I don't understand what you are saying. That link has appeared (and I know its garbage)  and seems to overwrite the text in that area and that's my problem I don't know how to disable the link as I can't find where its coming from. It doesn't seem to be in Pages and I can't see it in Stage.
I have spent ages trying to sort this out and have been going round in circles. I am not a beginner in TTG products having gone from TTG-CE-CE2-CE£ and now 4 but I am damned if I can find this one.

#4 2015-04-02 00:21:27

rod barbee
Website

I'm on my iPad so can only see the mobile version, but what I'm seeing are the breadcrumb links. You can disable Breadcrumbs in the setup dialog for the Stage album you're using as the Publisher managed Home Page.
That dialog is also where you can add text to the block and/or designate that the template text be used. Just click on the different tabs to access the content.

So from Publisher, right-click on the pages-gallery album and choose "Edit Album" and make the needed changes.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-04-02 00:27:00

gmansfield

Ah ok let me try that then. Thanks

#6 2015-04-02 01:01:46

gmansfield

Rod, Ok got it! I have now changed the text withing Publisher and that is all working ok...
In regard to the Breadcrumbs link, I have looked in Stage in the Ouput tab and under Breadcrumb styling the "Preview Breadcrumbs" is not selected. have you any idea where I can switch that off?

Graham

#7 2015-04-02 01:05:55

rod barbee
Website

It's not in Stage, it's in Album setup, just like the content

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-04-02 03:40:43

gmansfield

Thanks Rod all sorted much appreciated!

Board footer