Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-16 02:34:14

eveall

CRG photo download

when using publisher to create downloadable image renditions, the files are being set at 720 pixels as opposed to the 5000 I designated in the CRG develop module. They seem to be constrained  by the image renditions settings, but the max size there is 2880 anyway, so they don't match up. Also, a minor thing, I changed the image location for in the image download section of  appearance, but it defaults to photos regardless.

#2 2015-03-16 02:54:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: CRG photo download

where in the CRG web engine are you setting the 5000px. You should be setting it in Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Image Downloads

The settings in Appearance > Image Download are for if you are not using Publisher. And if you're not using Publisher and you choose a different folder for the Hi-Res Image Folder, you need to create that folder on the server and manually upload the hi-res folders.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e_download

But you say you're using Publisher to create the hi-res images. Publisher will then create the folder for those images

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-16 08:14:57

eveall

I used publisher. It puts them in the photos directory. That's fine. But the size of the files are not what they are in Lightroom. They are being constrained to the dimensions denoted above. And even when using publisjer it still picks up the album I denoted in appearance settings. So when I click the download icon, it doesn't exist because it is pointing to a different path. I feel this is a glitch, but what do I know. Now worries, I will use publisher but I'll still manually put the files in the folder like I used to.

I do have another question. Is there any way to fix the width of the status bar?  I've set everything else at 960 pix, but on larger displays, the status bar extends the width of the window, making the icons so far to the right.

#4 2015-03-16 09:09:32

rod barbee
Website

I used publisher.

But, in CRG Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Image Downloads have you checked the "Publish Downloadable Image Renditions" and have you set the Width, Height, etc?

This box needs to be checked. then export and upload your CRG template again. You'll also need to republish the images in any affected albums. (Make sure that the "Push Metadata..." box is unchecked in Publisher setup.)

When Publisher creates the downloadable renditions it places them in a folder that it creates called "photos-for-download"

If, after you've made sure that box is checked and you've exported and uploaded the template and you've republished images, you still have this problem, be sure to post a link to an affected gallery

Is there any way to fix the width of the status bar?

Custom css.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-03-16 10:33:53

eveall

Yes. It was checked and the width and height were set to 5000px. at any rate tried it again and though I can't download the pix I can see that they are now the correct size. Thanks.

As for the status bar...So you wouldn't recommend changing the css that is there?  I tried changing the width of it to 960px on line 2217 of the style.css in ttg-be/crg/lib/css but it had no effect.

#6 2015-03-16 11:40:20

rod barbee
Website

Why can't you download the pix (this is where posting a link to you gallery would help us to troubleshoot)

the css for the status bar on the page isn't coming from ttg-be/crg/lib/css/style.css, it's coming from component.css. You can use the browser's inspector or a tool like Firebug to find it.

Plus it's not a good idea to change the core files anyway as they'll just get overwritten by new versions. Use custom css via phplugins instead.

But placing the status bar could be problematic. It's easy enough to set the width but the positioning is tricky. Especially if you want to keep it fixed at the top of the page. I'm not sure how you would do that. Unless you didn't want to keep it at the top of the page (you could change position:fixed to position:relative I suppose).

Maybe someone with better css knowledge will have an idea.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-03-16 11:57:41

eveall

Thanks rod, I guess I'll just leave it as is. It's getting beyond my realm. I didn't post a link to the gallery because every time I change the template the gallery changes too. I've been doing so much tweaking that I don't even know what version had that problem. I suspect that it might have been an error on my end in that I didn't update the template before changing and trying the download part through publisher.

Thanks for all your help. I'm loving it so far...once I get over the headache of setting it up it'll be smooth sailing.

Board footer