Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-02 23:21:01

HBSA

CRG & TTG-BE Installled - error when clicking submit feedback

I purchased the CRG yesterday after a friend from Seattle recommended it to me.

I installed the Lightroom plug-in (Lightroom CC) successfully and made minor changes to the text and hid some things to do with blog etc.
When I realized it would not work with my template website (similar to livebooks), I proceeded to register a new domain name with bluehost for the express purpose of using it as a client proofing platform.

Using FTP, I uploaded the TTG-BE files (unzipped) to the root of my server.
I then uploaded the CRG folder and proceeded to upload it INTO the TTG-BE folder.
Logged on and changed the passwords successfully.
I then used lightroom to create my first gallery using CE4 client response gallery.
I then uploaded this gallery to the TTG-BE\templates\Gallery directory
I then set this as my default template under CRG Settings - however - regardless of this being done or not - the appearance remains the same, so I am not sure why this is necessary. I followed the steps though and have changed the CRG Template to my uploaded gallery.
I updated all my company details and email addresses and SMTP (gmail) under TTG BE Settings, and even redid the password to ensure I typed it correctly.
Lastly, I removed some the fields I do not need under the client fields - such as the second comment box.

I can successfully browse to that gallery in my browser and make selections, add comments etc. However, upon clicking on the envelope (Submit Feedback) button, an error comes up saying: "Something Went Wrong" "Please try again later, or contact the photographer if this problem persists."  If I close the dialog box, and click on Submit images again, all my text is still in the fields, but this time the error says, "Something Went Wrong", "You are not currently logged in. Please reload the page to continue. (1) " If I reload/refresh the page, a message saying "Your feedback has been submitted" "Thank you for your feedback. We will be in touch shortly".

In the CRG, I can see the test feedback from my attempts, but am frustrated by this behavior. I do not get any emails though, not as photographer or as client (from my tests).

What can I do to fix this?

#2 2015-03-02 23:57:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: CRG & TTG-BE Installled - error when clicking submit feedback

I then uploaded this gallery to the TTG-BE\templates\Gallery directory
I then set this as my default template under CRG Settings - however - regardless of this being done or not - the appearance remains the same, so I am not sure why this is necessary. I followed the steps though and have changed the CRG Template to my uploaded gallery.
I updated all my company details and email addresses and SMTP (gmail) under TTG BE Settings, and even redid the password to ensure I typed it correctly.

the gallery you upload to ttg-be/templates/gallery/ has a couple of purposes. One is to be an album template if you're using Publisher. The other purpose is for styling the log-in screen, also if you're using Publisher to manage clients.
(the docs and the tool tip in Settings are a little confusing on this)

If not using Publisher, there's really no need to upload a gallery to ttg-be/templates/gallery/

You don't mention if you're using Publisher or not. I'm assuming not.

So to use a gallery for a client, load pictures into the Lightroom filmstrip and export the gallery. Then upload the entire exported folder to a location on your web site (not ttg-be/templates/gallery). Provide the URL to your client.

If you want your clients to be able to go to a page and see a thumbnail link to their gallery, use CE4 Autoindex to create that page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-03 05:49:06

Ben

SMTP can not be be used with Bluehost.  To get emails working, changing the mail send type from 'smtp' to 'mail'.

Bluehost will want to know that your email address is valid.  The best way to do this is to set a vendor email address matching the domain your site is on, and to configure that email address in Bluehost's control panel.  You don't need to use that email address for your business, and could even set it to something like noreply@yournewdomain.com so that customers will know not to reply to it.  The important thing is that Bluehost knows that the email address is setup in their system.

#4 2015-03-03 07:21:59

HBSA

Hi Gentlemen

Apologies for my late reply. Rod, thanks for the clarity around when and when not to upload a gallery to the templates folder. Indeed, for now I am not using Publisher and am not too sure where to get it either - or if it is necessary.

Ben, that was indeed the problem. I changed the settings from SMTP to mail and it worked a treat. I specifically signed up with Bluehost as TTG recommended it...they should clarify in their instructions that SMTP will not work on bluehost though.

Thanks for your super support.

#5 2015-03-03 07:32:36

rod barbee
Website

Publisher is another TTG product. It streamlines the creation of albums. If you have a lot of client galleries to make, it will simplify things.
http://shop.theturninggate.net/collecti … /publisher

Using Publisher will also unlock the client administration features of CRG such as the ability for your clients to log into their gallery, work on their selections, log out, and come back later to complete making their selections.

This post by Matt and Ben outlines the various options for deploying CRG: http://theturninggate.net/2015/02/clari … e-gallery/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-03-03 07:37:14

HBSA

That sounds great. I will certainly investigate it further.

Thanks Rod

Board footer