Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-27 23:05:38

kishw

FB Open Graph Protocol Image management

I understand that links to websites from social media sites like FB or Twitter use meta tags such as Open Graph protocol  to display text and images in the preview link on the social media site.

Is there a way in which the text content and image that is displayed in these links can be set from within LR with the CE4 Plugins or do I need to manually edit the website content after it has been uploaded ?

TIA
Kish Woolmore
London, UK
www.kishwphotos.co.uk

#2 2015-02-27 23:30:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: FB Open Graph Protocol Image management

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-02 20:19:29

kishw

Hi,
Thanks for the link, however it doesn't seem to address my issue. I understand that with the OG protocol it is possible define the Text and Image that is displayed in the preview on FB site. What I cannot find within the CE4 plugins is how I can define the actual text and image that is used, the only option seems to be the facility to enable the OG content but there is no control other than editing the  files that are output. It would be nice to have a means of defining the content before exporting and uploading the created web files.

TIA
Kish Woolmore
London, UK
www.kishwphotos.co.uk

#4 2015-03-02 22:08:22

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The Album Title and Description are used, and whatever image you specify for the block, in the Color Palette. Even if that image does not appear in the block, the image ID will be used to specify which to use for social media. By default, this is the first image in the filmstrip.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer