Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-19 07:28:19

jzphoto

How To Log In To Gallery

Okay I've successfully uploaded a gallery.

When I hit send feedback it says I'm not logged in.

How does one create the login "log in" for a gallery?

#2 2015-02-19 07:30:16

jzphoto

Re: How To Log In To Gallery

p.s. To save feedback to the server I understand that you would need to be logged in BUT could one create a gallery where no login is required and the feedback would just be temporarily stored in the browser?

#3 2015-02-19 07:46:11

rod barbee
Website

to answer your first question, you need to create a client in the CRG back end and assign the album to that client. Use that client login credentials to view the album.

to answer your second question, feedback is always saved to the database no matter if it's a stand-alone uploaded gallery, a stand-alone Publisher album, or a managed Publisher album.

To create a gallery where no log in is required, you can simply export and upload a gallery.
Or you can create an album using Publisher and in the Integration tab of the Album set up, choose "stand-alone" in the Client Magagement area

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … c_concepts

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2015-02-19 07:58:23

jzphoto

Thanks Rod.

To be clear to "force/allow" my clients to give feedback i.e. choose a background color for their headshot I need to "Add Client" in the BE.

If so this is a bit of a bummer as CRG3 it was one step as the Form was already there. I create MANY web galleries so the extra step may not work. I hope this isn't the case.

Josh

#5 2015-02-19 08:25:21

jzphoto

p.s. I'm not using Publisher right now.

#6 2015-02-19 08:52:40

rod barbee
Website

if you're not using Publisher, then you can't use the client management features. All your galleries will be stand-alone, just like CE3 CRG
The main difference will be that when they submit the feedback, you'll also have a record of it that you can access through ttg-be

Also know that logging in to a CRG via a Publisher managed album and ttg-be is different than password protecting an album using the Lightroom settings

If you're having problems with an uploaded stand-alone CRG, be sure to include a link to the gallery.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-02-19 13:01:39

jonnyrunn

How do I style the login in page now that i have integrated publisher with CRG? It just says "CLIENT RESPONSE GALLERY" with a link to my home page and TTG creds at bottom. I would like to customize that like it was without integrating with publisher and TTGBE managed galleries

#8 2015-02-19 14:18:54

rod barbee
Website

Upload a CRG to the ttg-be/templates/gallery folder and select it in the CRG back-end settings
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … y_template

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-02-20 07:26:52

jzphoto

Here is the gallery: http://www.jzphoto.com/clients/google_headshots/test1/

What I'd like to have happen is for my clients to choose their headshot "circle icon" and then click the "mail" icon.

The issue is when I hit "Submit" it says "something went wrong"

Small wish: I'd love for the "Message" box to read "Retouching Requests" instead if possible.

#10 2015-02-20 07:48:03

jzphoto

Warning is often

Something went wrong: You are not currently logged in. Please reload the page to continue. (1)

#11 2015-02-20 08:07:30

rod barbee
Website

I just tried a test and got the same message. Though after I navigated a way and came back there was a notice that the message had been sent.
Ben or Matt will need to take a look. Be sure to enable ttg-be for guest access so they'll have something to look at.

It looks like you've already figured out how to add fields to the message form.
And if you use the feedback panes, you can have them choose options or add instructions for each image.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-02-21 00:48:54

jzphoto

Ok. Under TTG BE > Settings > Manage User I have a Guest Viewer account username: guest password: guest

Also Under Edit TTG BE Settings "Template" is blank i.e. no options are available. Could this be an/the issue?

#13 2015-02-21 01:23:22

rod barbee
Website

don't worry about the Template under TTG BE Settings.

If you end up using Publisher and client management, you can customize the  client login page by selecting the template you're using for your CRG in the CRG Settings, under Personalization.

I just tried sending feedback. I got the "something went wrong" message and exited that. I then refreshed the gallery page and I got the "your feedback has been submitted" message. Weird.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-02-21 01:44:22

jzphoto

1) Yes I'm getting the info sent on refresh too. Yet I have not received any "feedback" emails.

2) I have yet to understand how and where to setup the login for these galleries. Is this done in the LR module? Maybe only possible with Publisher?

3) The wish list was to replace in the Feedback form box "Message" with "Retouching Requests" is this possible? Not a game changer.

Thanks!

#15 2015-02-21 02:04:59

rod barbee
Website

you can add password protection to individual uploaded galleries from Lightroom: Output Settings > Password protection
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … protection

for the CRG client management features (Publisher needed), visit ttg-be > CRG management > Clients
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ts#managed

To change "Message" visit the Localization area of CRG admin

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-02-21 02:31:04

jzphoto

1) All is looking good now except for the Feedback not sending
2) Client must sign in to have gallery feedback saved correct?

#17 2015-02-21 03:34:29

rod barbee
Website

feedback is saved in real time to the database, whether you've got a logged-in client in a publisher managed album or someone visiting a stand-alone uploaded gallery. No log in should be required for stand-alone galleries for the feedback to be saved.
once they've sent the form you can access the feedback in the back end

be sure to post an accessible gallery for Matt and Ben to look at. (no password protection)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2015-02-21 04:32:20

jzphoto

1)Here is a no pasword gallery: http://www.jzphoto.com/clients/google_headshots/test1/
Issue is Feedback won't send has Warning Failure to send

#19 2015-02-21 11:09:07

Ben

Hi, that's caused by your host not allowing SMTP mail from site.  I suggest trying the 'mail' send type instead.

I am a little perplexed as to why that error is coming back to the browser.  The email function has been coded in a way that emails be only sent out after responding to the client that the feedback has been submitted.  So whether the mail goes out or not, the client should not receive an error.

#20 2015-02-25 01:47:04

jzphoto

Ben (thanks)

1) What do you mean by trying the 'mail' account instead?

2)I'm using BlueHost. Pretty mainstream so I'd be surprised if that is an issue. MAybe I've set it up wrong?

One consideration: My WP website for www.jzphoto.com is nested inside my WP website www.joshuazuckerman.com on the same server/Bluehost acount. Might that effect the Form email?

#21 2015-02-25 01:48:29

jzphoto

Regarding 1). Is 'mail' in BEE or LR module?

#22 2015-02-25 02:22:31

rod barbee
Website

ttg-be > Settings > ttg-be Settings

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-02-25 05:44:48

Ben

Bluehost does not allow the sending of emails via SMTP, however sending using the 'mail' method on Bluehost is reliable.  It seems that blocking 'smtp' is the norm rather than the exception and isn't in itself a reflection of how good or reliable a host is.

After configuring TTG BE to use 'mail', I suggest that you set up the email address you've configured as the Vendor email in TTG Be settings within the Bluehost control panel.  In that way, Bluehost will be aware of the address you are attempting to send from and then correctly use that email address when the emails go out.  Such emails should successfully get through to your receiver and not be marked as spam.

If you are using a service other than Bluehost for that email address then the above step won't cause any issues.  Your other provider can still serve to send and receive emails.  Adding an email address in the control panel only makes Bluehost aware of it.

#24 2015-02-28 06:58:45

jzphoto

Ok. I think I got this to work.

Questions:

1) Is there a way to anchor the Form to the bottom of the gallery? It was this way in CRG3
2) Is there a way that clients can review only their selects? Slide show seems to run through ALL images in slide view (see gallery).
http://www.jzphoto.com/clients/google_headshots/test1/

#25 2015-02-28 07:20:06

rod barbee
Website

The form does not appear in the gallery. It pops up when a user clicks on the mail icon

Users can filter the images using the icons in the control bar. The Legend shows what the icons do.
But all images will appear in the slide show of galleries that are not publisher managed. Yours is an uploaded gallery so all images will show in the slide show.
see this thread for more on that: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … ed-images/

So if you need that function, then manage your CRGs with Publisher (plus you get the other client management features as well. Win-win!)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer