Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-15 20:45:22

Terry
Website

Shipping Country

How can I default the shipping country to the UK rather than United States?

Also United Kingdom being sorted by the 'K' is not natural. It needs to be sorted by the 'U' like every other site this side of the world big_smile

Also on the admin section how do you set the shipping to be United Kingdom rather than United States so that it can work out international shipping automatically?

Probably really simple answers to above but I can't find it.

Thanks,
Terry

#2 2015-02-15 21:28:05

Ben

Re: Shipping Country

Hi Terry, thanks for the feedback. 

Your first and third points are related: though not intuitive, set the Sales Tax Country within the Taxes section of the cart settings to United Kingdom.  This will affect the cart in two ways.  1) The default country for customers will be set to the UK, and 2) the Regions available when editing shipping methods will include options of All Regions, United Kingdom and International.

After changing the Sales Tax Country, click on the "Reset the cart" under Special Links on the Cart admin dashboard.  This clears the cart from the customer's perspective, so that your cart in the gallery will include the correct shipping options.

Looking into the country order, I have found that the country list is ordered by the country code rather than the name.  The means that the UK, with the code of "GB", appears within the countries starting with G.  I'll look to fix this so that countries appear in alphabetical order.

#3 2015-02-15 21:39:40

Terry
Website

Hi Ben,

spot on, thank your for replying so quickly, that worked perfectly (I'd have never have got that as I had sales tax turned off so didn't bother changing the country).

Ha yeah it was under G, think I need to practice my alphabet big_smile

Thanks for that now the site is fully working with CE4 completely implemented big_smile www.TerryLiveseyPhotography.co.uk

Terry

#4 2015-02-15 21:46:02

Ben

Hi Terry, I'm glad that helped solve it for you, and it's good to see your site up-and-running.  The country ordering will be added in the next Cart update, which I'm currently working on.

Board footer