Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-29 21:32:52

woolythebear

Incompatibility with Adobe Business Catalyst hosts

I've been trying to get my ttg-be up and running all morning. I said I wouldn't post on here until I've read everything about this. I just got off a 1 to 1 with customer support for Adobe Business Catalyst where my Muse site is hosted (as it was free!), to be politely informed that BC does not support .php

This is appently why I could not get access to the admin file after having uploaded it via FTP. Unless someone knows a workaround to this, I guess I cannot use Publisher (or Autoindex?) on a BC hosted server. I'm well and truely stumped! sad

Suppose the next step might be to look for a cheap hosting platform for the EU.

#2 2015-01-29 23:40:23

rod barbee
Website

Re: Incompatibility with Adobe Business Catalyst hosts

PHP is required. Time to find a new host.

Not sure about if they're available in the EU, but many of us are using Bluehost. Matt has a link to them on the front page of the blog.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-30 12:13:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Bluehost is great, and the Internet being international, you shouldn't feel like you have to use an EU host by default. It's fine if that's your choice, but you're certainly not locked in. While Bluehost is U.S.-based, I use them from South Korea quite happily. We also make a point of testing all of our work on Bluehost servers, because we recommend them so frequently and we use them ourselves, so you can be assured best results there.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2015-02-04 04:58:54

woolythebear

Thanks for the feedback on Bluehost Matthew. I had a look at their site and it seems pretty good. In the end I migrated by server back to GoDaddy as I have my domaine name with them and I'd used them before I went over to BC with a Muse built site and I was happy with the scustomer service in particular. Hopefully their reputation hasn't changed.

#5 2015-02-04 13:15:41

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm not a fan, and we've had some problems with GoDaddy hosting in the past, but to each his own. Most GoDaddy problems have been resolvable via customer service, though I would posit the problems should never have existed in the first place if GoDaddy were more on-the-ball with customer care and service maintenance.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer