Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-28 01:54:57

wmmurray

CE4 CRG & accepting payments

Hello everyone. I was a longtime CE3 CRG user and have found the reliability of form to email just isn't there anymore. I was looking at upgrading to CE4 CRG but I am really interested in taking online payments. Is anyone doing this? I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your workflow. Can the Cart Plugin be used with CRG in anyway? I read in the description that the Cart Plug in requires publisher, so do you need Cart, Publisher, and CRG? Also, and sorry for so many questions, what payment provider are people using? I heard paypal requires an account now? Thank you in advance. Billy

#2 2015-01-28 02:20:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 CRG & accepting payments

Hi Billy,

Cart cannot be used with CRG.
What some do is to get the feedback from their clients, act on that feedback (custom processing, etc.) and then post a regular, cart-enabled CE4 Gallery.

You only need Publisher with CRG if you want to be able to manage clients and allow them to log-in, leave feedback, and come back later, log-in, and continue with their selecting and feedback.

Otherwise, CE4 CRG can be used just like the CE3 version if you wish, only you'll have the added benefit of the client's choices being saved in a database for you to refer to.

If using CRG and taking payments from clients, you can bill them in any number of ways, PayPal being one of them. I don't think folks need to have a PayPal account to send money to you. You would need one to receive payments.
I use both PayPal and Square. PayPal for online, Square for over the phone and in person credit card payments.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-28 12:38:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

When using PayPal to accept payment, I think whether or not the buyer need have their own PayPal account depends on their country of origin. In the U.S., PayPal can be used to process a credit cart without the buyer having an account of their own. But I think this is not the case in all countries.

CE4 Cart allows you to accept an order without payment, though, so that you can accept payment by whatever method you prefer.

One method for transitioning from client proofing to sales -- and one that I'd like to write about at greater length sometime soon -- would be use to a combination of CE4 Publisher, Client Response Gallery, Gallery and Cart.

1. Setup templates for CE4 Gallery and CE4 Client Response Gallery which are similar in design, in particular as relates to image renditions. The CE4 Gallery template should be cart-enabled.

2. Use CE4 Publisher to create your Client Response Gallery album. Send to customer, get feedback.

3. Process feedback, modify collection of images as necessary.

4. Edit the album, selected the cart-enabled CE4 Gallery template as the new base for the gallery.

5. Click the "Publish" button to update image renditions, removed rejects, etc. from the gallery.

6. The client can now shop the gallery.

This workflow will allow you to efficiently transition a set of images from client proofing through to sales.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2015-01-30 22:45:06

wmmurray

Matthew & Rod, Thank you both very much for your responses.

Board footer