Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-18 03:29:06

4thdesign

Slideshow?

I hope I am in the right place here, apologies if not.

Could someone tell me where I can stop ANY of my galleries from showing full screen slideshows? I thought i had identifed it but has made no difference. I want to turn off the slideshow feature altogether.

Thanks smile

#2 2015-01-18 03:42:58

rod barbee
Website

Re: Slideshow?

Do you mean turning off the feature that automatically starts the slideshow?

I think only Highslide does that:
Appearance> Large Image Presentation. choose Highslide slideshow: uncheck Autoplay on Page Load

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-18 03:45:11

4thdesign

Yes, done that. Makes no difference. Do you do this in Pages or Gallery?

I think it was Gallery, but it was several hours ago i attempted it.

#4 2015-01-18 03:54:41

rod barbee
Website

I guess it depends on where this gallery is showing up. Is this for galleries you're posting in the galleries/ folder or for your home page?
Got a link you can share that shows the problem?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-18 04:10:20

4thdesign

#6 2015-01-18 04:17:29

rod barbee
Website

change the settings in the CE4 Gallery template you've named "gallery" and upload it to ttg-be/templates/gallery
Make sure your FTP program is set to overwrite files

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-01-18 04:19:23

4thdesign

Change my settings to what? To the above suggested? I thought I had already done that!!

Going to have to check now in case I am going mad! LOL

#8 2015-01-18 04:26:41

rod barbee
Website

Uncheck that box that automatically starts the slideshow:

uncheck-autoplay.jpg

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-01-18 04:34:36

4thdesign

Strange thing Rod.

When i first started playing with CE4 Pages and CE4 Gallery, I remember that setting in particular.

However.... I can no longer find it anywhere in either CE4 Gallery or CE4 Pages web plugins for Lightroom.

Why is that? How would this disappear?????

Last edited by 4thdesign (2015-01-18 04:43:41)

#10 2015-01-18 04:45:44

rod barbee
Website

The only way this would disappear is if you've not selected Highslide Slideshow under Large Image Presentation.

Either that or you've completely hidden the Appearance control pane.

choose-highslide.jpg

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-01-20 04:54:53

4thdesign

Rod and anyone else that can help.......

I have chosen the following in CE4 Gallery:

prob.png

Exported and FTP'd as per the instructions in the documentation:

Press the EXPORT button and save the gallery to your desktop. Then use your FTP client to upload the saved folder into your /galleries folder online, the one that was created by CE4 Pages.

So I uploaded to the following: - 1stphotos.co.uk/galleries/

Published the photos using Publisher and the gallery is still showing a Slideshow with full screen.

Apologies now in advance, but this is seriously pissing me off.

What the F^^^^^^^^^ is wrong with what I am doing?

I am finding this immensely frustrating that this software appears not to be working as per the instructions, or I have a serious problem with reading??????

Sorry..... I need this to work as per the settings I choose. Whats the point if all it does is whatever it wants to do. This gives me no choice at all!!

Really struggling as to what I can do to get it working. Its bizarre!!!

#12 2015-01-20 12:28:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

If you're using CE4 Publisher to manage your galleries, then you need to upload a template to /ttg-be/templates/gallery, then edit your albums under Publish Services in LR to assign the new template for use.

DO NOT upload to 1stphotos.co.uk/galleries/. Those instructions are for when NOT using CE4 Publisher.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#13 2015-01-21 02:54:36

4thdesign

Oh dear.

I am mightily confused now.

Are you suggesting that I dont actually need to use CE4 Gallery at all???????

So let me get this straight........

I can use CE4 Pages to "build" the structure and layout of my site.

I can then use CE4 Publisher to simply upload the images.

And thats all?

I also have another question that is bothering me.

I did what you suggested, and created a folder in my FTP to the ttg-be/templates/ location and called it bum.

I then used publisher to publish photos, but it goes straight into a location on my FTP to /galleries/

So, I thought, I would CUT the folder called bum in here - /galleries/bum/ and then put it into ttg-be/templates/ so it looked like this
ttg-be/templates/bum/

Of course, the website online doesnt show this album in my galleries page.

Now........ Lightroom, on CE4 Publisher shows at the top right hand corner, the location of where its going to publish this information, and you guessed it, it does exactly what it says on the tin, it publishes everything in /galleries/

HOWEVER........ here is the question........ HOW or WHERE do i change the settings for CE4 Publisher so it can publish directly to ttg-be/templates/ as suggested by Matthew?

I have looked and looked, but cant work out or see where I can change this.

I really apologise now, as Obviously, I am struggling to understand what is actually happening. I just need to get my head around how these pieces/modules, all work together. Initially I thought i was understanding it, but now, after being told by Matthew, to not  upload to /galleries/

Even having read instructions and followed them, to be told this, that doesnt clearly state in the documents that I can see, I am now lost as to what to do.

Do i completely delete the whole lot and start again, or with your guidance, get this working!!!! (i dont want to delete everything, its taken me a heck of a long time to get this far)

Please help, and really sorry for what must seem like idiot questions, but I do really need your help guys. smile

#14 2015-01-21 03:29:46

rod barbee
Website

Are you suggesting that I dont actually need to use CE4 Gallery at all???????

Not at all. CE4 Gallery is necessary to create the templates that Publisher uses to create albums.

I did what you suggested, and created a folder in my FTP to the ttg-be/templates/ location and called it bum.

I then used publisher to publish photos, but it goes straight into a location on my FTP to /galleries/

You don't need to create any folders inside ttg-be/templates. There are two folders already there:
ttg-be/templates/gallery/  and ttg-be/templates/autoindex/
You need to upload an exported CE4 Gallery to ttg-be/templates/gallery/ before Publisher can create albums.
Publisher will only create albums and album sets inside the folder you've designated as the top-level galleries folder. In most cases (and in yours) this is the galleries/ folder.

So get the bum folder out of ttg-be/templates. It won't do anything.

HOWEVER........ here is the question........ HOW or WHERE do i change the settings for CE4 Publisher so it can publish directly to ttg-be/templates/ as suggested by Matthew?

that is not what was suggested by Matt. Publisher does not publish to the ttg-be/templates/ folders (gallery/ and autoindex/). That's where you need to upload via FTP your exported gallery that will serve as a template for Publisher.

I really apologise now, as Obviously, I am struggling to understand what is actually happening. I just need to get my head around how these pieces/modules, all work together. Initially I thought i was understanding it, but now, after being told by Matthew, to not  upload to /galleries/

You can upload exported galleries to the galleries/ folder. But these will not be managed by Publisher. You wanted to change the behavior of an album you had published. To to that, you needed to update the gallery template that had been uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery/ . But you were uploading that changed gallery directly to the /galleries/ folder and expecting it to affect your album.

To simply state it, if you are using Publisher to manage your albums, the only place you need to upload (via FTP) exported galleries to is ttg-be/templates/gallery.
If you have an existing album and you want to change its appearance or behavior you can update the existing template (the one you've uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery) or create a new one in CE4 Gallery in Lightroom, export that and upload it to ttg-be/templates/gallery.
Then in the Album Edit dialog in Publisher, change templates.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2015-01-25 21:57:19

4thdesign

Rod and anyone else!

Ok, so I have uploaded the new CE4 Gallery, and added the new CE4 Publisher to lightroom.

Created a new CE4Pages
Created a new CE4 Gallery
Published 6 photos.

All seems well, I now have the HTML single image working, although, its odd, as I dont have just one image for the gallery album, but have 3 or 6 (of the same image) depending on the image shown by random. Only 1 of these images are actually clickable to get into the album to view the six photos.

On top of that, when viewing the 6 photos in hmtl single image view online, clicking on an image shows a blank screen.

My questions..........

1. Why does the album display more than one image for the Album

2. Why do i have a blank screen when clicking on an image inside the gallery?

Thanks in advance for your help. smile

http://1stphotos.co.uk/galleries.php

Last edited by 4thdesign (2015-01-25 21:57:55)

#16 2015-01-25 23:44:23

rod barbee
Website

The blank screen is a known bug that just popped up in the latest release.

Not sure yet about the thumbs.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-01-26 00:13:48

rod barbee
Website

Looks like you're using the Descriptive layout for the Galleries page index. What are your settings for that?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#18 2015-01-26 00:23:01

4thdesign

Where are am I to find the descriptive layout?

Have looked but cant find what you mean. Can you give me a sub heading to look under?

#19 2015-01-26 00:58:13

rod barbee
Website

in Pages, under Appearance control pane > the Autoindex > Autoindex type

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … auto_index

and on the Descriptive layout: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … escriptive

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2015-01-26 01:03:38

4thdesign

Here is my descriptive info

Untitled-1.png

#21 2015-01-26 01:24:23

rod barbee
Website

in the album set up in Publisher, what have you chosen under "Cover Image"?

the reason I ask is that the autoindex.xml file inside of the gallery (1stphotogallery2) shows "false" for thumbnails. I've not seen that before.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#22 2015-01-26 03:13:59

4thdesign

I have chosen Random, as I have done since I bought this software.

This hasnt changed.

Although, I still need an answer also about the "blank page" and the fact its a bug. Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps both problems are related??

#23 2015-01-26 03:27:44

rod barbee
Website

Matt's traveling, but I'm sure there will be a fix for the blank page once he gets a chance to get to it. In the meantime, switch your gallery template to Highslide or Magnificent pop up or go back to the previous version of CE 4 gallery

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#24 2015-01-26 03:40:20

4thdesign

Rod,

With all due respect, I do NOT want to use Highslide.

I made this clear right at the beginning. Its horrible and I will never use it. It fills the whole page, and people viewing this, will simply not be impressed with it and leave.

I NEED....... the HTML single image to WORK.

Sorry, but I have spent a lot of money on something that I still havent got working after a month of trying. This is NOT good enough, and I appreciate your help, I really do, but I need this working the way I want it to work and as its an option in the software, there should be no good reason for it not to work.

I look forward to hearing from Ben, You or anyone else with knowledge and/or a fix that actually makes my software work, the way its meant to work.

Sorry.... really frustrated as you can hopefully imagine.

#25 2015-01-26 04:10:36

rod barbee
Website

I get it, you need html single page to work.

But it you'd carefully read my response you would have noticed the other option of going back to the previous version of Gallery

The bug was just discovered (bugs happen). As I said, you can use one of the other presentation modes OR you have the option of going back to Gallery version 6.1.3 to get your single pages back. That's what Kristen, in this thread, is doing. As you would have known if you'd simply perused the forum first.

Or you can wait until Matt can fix it. He's usually very quick at these things, but he's traveling right now.

Remember, most of us here are helping on a voluntary basis. Yelling at us won't get you help any faster and it might just discourage anyone from helping at all.

Much of your frustration could be alleviated by reading documentation or a more careful reading of responses on the forum.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer