Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-03 08:07:52

forbish07

Had to reformat computer, lost all preset templates

So quick question and I think I know that answer. I was stupid and failed to create backup copies of all my website plugin templates and had to reformat my computer. I DO have backups of the exported pages, stage, client response, etc. though. Is there any way the exported templates can be used to rebuild my custom presets, or am I simply screwed and need to start from scratch (Which wouldn't be TERRIBLE since I still haven't even installed my CE4 plugins yet)?? Thanks for your help.

#2 2015-01-03 08:12:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: Had to reformat computer, lost all preset templates

I'm afraid you're screwed wink

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-03 08:36:35

forbish07

That's what I thought. Thanks, sir. MAKE BACKUPS PEOPLE! Don't be me!

#4 2015-01-03 08:48:40

forbish07

Sort of on the topic, do you know if I can manually edit the username and password for gallery templates I have existing? I always created a new template for each client with their password built in and used Publisher to assign PWs and Usernames for any subfolders that may need it. So I am saying all of my templates currently have PWs and Usernames coded into them and I would need to change the coding manually as opposed to re-doing in LR.

I will be switching to CE4 since this has happened now, but I have a few galleries I need to get up ASAP. Thanks again.

#5 2015-01-03 10:34:45

rod barbee
Website

look in the index.php file that's exported.
in my test page, the password protection script starts at around line 166. Here it looks like you can edit the guest (around lines 176, 177) and master (around lines 181, 182) usernames and passwords.
Be sure to use a plain text editor

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-09 16:28:33

forbish07

Hey Rod, so I figured out that you actually have to either change BOTH the index.php and template_index.php files as stated above or JUST the template_index.php file. I cannot say for sure which it is, but I know only changing the index.php did not fix it for me, the site would not accept the new passwords until I changed both files. Just so anyone who comes across this knows.

PS, my master username and password have never worked. any idea what could be going on there? I have them activated, but never once has the master user/pass allowed me to access a gallery.

#7 2015-01-09 16:55:47

Matthew
Administrator
Website

index.php is used for exported-and-uploaded galleries.

template_index.php is used by publisher-managed galleries.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2015-01-09 17:58:24

forbish07

So should it have not been the way I described or is that normal to have to change both or just the template_index file? Changing the client username and password in only the index.php file would not allow access to the gallery, only after I changed both did it work.  And any idea why my master credentials have never seemed to work?

Oh, and thanks as always!

#9 2015-01-09 23:10:39

rod barbee
Website

are you using Publisher? If so, then it appears template_index.php is the one you want to change.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-01-10 00:24:51

forbish07

Okay. Yes, I use Publisher. The Username and Password for the clients and the master are of course exported and uploaded as a template and used via the Publisher to create the galleries. I do not use Publishers built in password setup unless I need to protect a sub folder inside an album set. Thanks again.

Board footer