Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-13 00:37:15

tonygamble

If I need to revert back to CE3 Gallery - what do I do?

I am sure that the replacement of Photoswipe will fit my needs but if it didn't for some odd reason can I save my CE3 set up and templates please?

Tony

#2 2014-12-13 00:40:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: If I need to revert back to CE3 Gallery - what do I do?

just save the setup in the Template Browser.
Don't uninstall the CE3 plug-ins
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … te_browser

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-13 00:43:15

tonygamble

Thanks Rod,

Tony

#4 2014-12-13 03:08:54

tonygamble

I like the new Touch - so far anyway.

I loaded it into LR4 v4.2

Previously I ran it under LR3 and I think that was faster converting the web pages.

I know LR4 was a problem initially. Does anyone have a view on whether I'd be better to go back to LR3?

Tony

#5 2014-12-13 09:57:56

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Much as I wish that Lightroom were not becoming slower and more bloated with each subsequent release, rolling back to previous versions is generally not recommended.

Rolling back from LR4 to LR3 would be particularly bad, as the two have very different Develop processes. Any Develop adjustments made in LR4 using the 2012 process would be lost.

As for rolling back for Photoswipe, that is also inadvisable. We abandoned Photoswipe 3 because it was basically falling apart on newer mobile devices, due to lack of upkeep by its developer. I applied as many band-aids as I could to keep it viable, but life-support is failing.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2014-12-13 17:49:06

tonygamble

Thanks Matthew,

Presumably CE4 runs on LR3?

I don't use LR to Develop as I use Qimage for my RAWs. I add a touch of contrast, saturation and sharpen, with LR3 as it is my view that the converting to web does degrade my jpgs a bit. But that is all I need from LR and I even delete the catalogues regularly as I hate the way it blocks the re-use of a file in a new group of images.

I'll test the speed, assuming the answer to the above was Yes, and if the timing is strongly in favour of LR3 I'll revert to it - and post my results here.

No I would never go back to Photoswipe. Your new system seemed stable on the various devices I tried yesterday and that's what I need.

It is interesting (and to me odd) that there is still nothing in jAlbum that offers a decent swipe. I tried everything on offer from them about a year ago and drew a blank. For interest I spent a bit of time earlier this week looking around and there is still nothing there that is not flawed in one way or another. So Well Done Matthew. You have cornered the market for people needing swipe and not wanting to commit themselves to specific servers.

I did find another web creator that offered swipe - but it seems that does not work when a tablet/phone is held in portrait mode. So that is useless for me and anyway the amount of control it offers on page design is extremely crude.

Thanks for your interest Matthew.

Tony

#7 2014-12-15 14:14:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Thanks, Tony.

jAlbum has never impressed me much. Something about their entire system seems to be fundamentally off.

CE4 should work in LR3, I believe, but I don't regularly test it in versions older than LR4.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2014-12-16 01:33:02

tonygamble

I converted a batch of 37 jpgs to a TTG web folder in LR3 and it took 2 mins 46 secs.

The same template (a CE4 one) took only 2 mins and 12 secs in LR4.

I was surprised but it does mean that I will immediately work with LR4.

Tony

Board footer