Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-29 02:32:29

mjenich

TTG-BE Installation

I'm trying to set up CE4 Publisher and am hung up on the installation of TTG-BE part. My website has been designed using CE3 and I just installed TTG-BE on the site. I'm trying to log into it as admin but don't see places for a user name or password. Is there a demo available? The written directions "TTG-BE Installation & Setup" aren't helping.

#2 2014-11-29 02:57:46

rod barbee
Website

Re: TTG-BE Installation

you should be able to go to wherever you installed ttg-be and log in. If you uploaded the unzipped ttg-be/ folder to the root of your site then the address would be www.yoursite.com/ttg-be/

be sure to post a link to the location if this doesn't work for you

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-11-29 03:34:01

mjenich

It worked. Thanks!

#4 2014-11-29 03:37:19

mjenich

Unrelated question. Matt just sent a notification of Black Friday Updates. How do I get them? There wasn't a link to download anything. also, when I get them do I simply replace the old files with the new files on my C drive under web galleries?

#5 2014-11-29 03:59:53

rod barbee
Website

you can either use the links from the email you originally received with your initial order (or any subsequent update emails) or you can go to this page: http://theturninggate.fetchapp.com/orders
and enter your email address and order number

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-11-29 05:42:56

mjenich

1. I went to the link and found the updated files. They are numbered with the exact numbers that I just downloaded a few days ago. It appears I already have the updates. Is that correct? 2. For future reference, do I install them the same way by manually putting them in the web galleries file? 3. If so, is there a way to keep the settings from the old file and have them automatically apply them to the updates? 4. I've got publisher up and running as a plug in. I've tested it and I can modify images at will. Yeah! That work in CE4 shows up and indicates it's on my website. However, when I click on the link to my website on my desktop, I get the old Site that was developed CE3. I assume all I need to do is delete the old site CE3 files and upload the new CE4 files-once I get them developed. Then I should be good to go. Correct?

#7 2014-11-29 06:15:44

rod barbee
Website

as far as I know, the latest updates were just released last night.
Gallery, for instance is named CE4-Gallery-613.zip

Install them just like you initially installed them. I find it faster to first delete a web engine from the Web Galleries/ folder before copying the new version in. Just saves time having to verify that I really, really, really want to replace the existing files.

is there a way to keep the settings from the old file and have them automatically apply them to the updates?

Not to worry. All settings you've already made in any CE4 web engine will still be there. Note that the new updates contains in the Social Media Profile are for About.me that's enabled by default. Matt addresses this in the blog post.

However, when I click on the link to my website on my desktop, I get the old Site that was developed CE3. I assume all I need to do is delete the old site CE3 files and upload the new CE4 files-once I get them developed. Then I should be good to go. Correct?

If you've still got the CE3 version on your site (Pages I'm assuming?), then that's what you'll see.
When you're ready to go you'll most likely need to just need to delete all the old stuff and upload the new. I say "most likely" because I don't know what your set up is, whether you're using Shared Resources for any CE3 pages that will be remaining, or if you're using phplugins.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer