Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-27 05:48:52

reidthaler

CE4: Copying settings

I've researched this forum and the documentation for copying setting from one plug in to the other, but haven't found it.  I'll be using Gallery, Pages, and Auto Index.  I've done this before with mixed results.

Any recommendation as to the order of plugs I should use for ease in copying settings?
Thanks,

Reid

#2 2014-11-27 06:05:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4: Copying settings

I usually design in Pages and then copy the template settings for the other plugins
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-11-27 07:10:06

reidthaler

Thanks!

#4 2014-11-27 08:43:07

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I usually start with Auto Index, since it loads a bit faster than Pages, then copy to Pages. This ensures that my auto index and Galleries page are a match.

In Pages, I'll setup the gallery, then copy to Stage to match my Galleria or Full-screen slideshow settings.

From there, I can copy settings from any of these templates to Gallery, then from Gallery to Theme for WordPress (so that I carry over my Highslide and Magnific settings).

----

Or sometimes I'll begin with Gallery, then migrate to Auto Index.

Then copy my Auto Index settings to Pages, then Pages to Stage ...

And then I copy either my Gallery (for Highslide, Magnific) or Stage (for Galleria) settings to Theme for WordPress.

----

Or you might begin with Theme for WordPress -- configure all of Highslide, Magnific and Galleria -- then copy its settings to Gallery, Pages and Stage.

Then configure the Galleries page in Pages, and copy its settings to Auto Index.

----

So there are lots of valid approaches to this sequence, depending on which features and plugins you intend to use.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2014-12-11 01:44:57

reidthaler

If you are copying settings from one template to another, how does the share resources function work?  What is being shared?

Thanks,

Reid

#6 2014-12-11 02:25:19

rod barbee
Website

Shared resources include some common css files like scaffolding, font-awesome, navigation, style-common, and print. It also includes scripts.
When using shared resources, the page looks in one common location (the /lib/ folder) for these resources rather than needing to include these resources for each and every page. So it's basically a way of saving resources and speeding things up.

You still will need to copy template settings from one template another. Styling for certain areas like the block and the grid are not part of shared resources.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer