Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-26 00:38:31

aebolzan
Website

Is this a bug?

I made two  templates, one with Stage for publishing the gallery slideshow of the Home page and another for the images in the galleries. The first one was called "pages" and the second one "ingles". The problem appears because I uploaded first "ingles" for the galleries and afterwards "pages" for the Home page, and when I tried to edit the "Home page" gallery, the first template Publisher took was "ingles" and set the a number of images per page = 25. When I switched and selected the second template (the correct one) "pages", Publisher insisted with 25 images per page, so it published a  normal gallery, instead of "all in one page". It looks like Publisher reads the templates in alphabetic order and takes the settings according to the first one, irrespective what one does after......my solution was to change the name of "pages" to "apages" and all went fine......I wonder if this is a bug in Publisher......

Agustin

#2 2014-10-26 00:47:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Is this a bug?

did you name the slug of album created with the "pages" template "pages-gallery"?

http://theturninggate.net/2014/07/the-p … home-page/

as always, it's helpful if you post a link.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-26 00:58:58

aebolzan
Website

yes, I did....but Publisher was insensitive to that.....the first template that appeared was always "ingles" first and then "pages" and Publisher showed the settings for a normal gallery (i.e. 25 images per page).....that's why I changed the name of the template....and solved my problem....

Agustin

#4 2014-10-26 02:23:50

rod barbee
Website

the album set up will always show number of images per page, but I don't think that applies to a stage based Galleria gallery, since Stage doesn't have pagination and it's only one page anyway.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-10-26 02:58:27

aebolzan
Website

well, that's the point!...what I am saying is that Publisher seemingly looks at the first template he find in alphabetic order and do not care if you then select the Stage template or not.... (Stage template in my case was in the second place in the list of templates)....at least that happened in my case.....that's why I am asking if there is a bug in Publisher or it was only a problem with me....

Agustin

#6 2014-10-26 04:06:52

rod barbee
Website

well you're going to need to post links to your home page as well as the Stage template you're trying to use, and probably enable guest access to ttg-be so that Ben can take a look.

I have no problems with Publisher in choosing the template I want to use. It doesn't matter what order they're in, the one I choose is the one that gets applied. So I don't think it's a bug in Publisher. But post the links so Ben can find out.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-10-26 04:37:20

aebolzan
Website

my web site is at www.agustinbolzan.com.ar, but I think that Ben will find nothing at this point because as I said I solved my problem by renaming the template...thanks anyway Rod, I think that, as you found no problems at all, then it was a local problem probably due to some kind of Murphy's law.....

Agustin

#8 2014-10-26 07:29:31

Ben

Hi Agustin, That does sound strange.  After you changed the template name to apages, was this only fixed when you created a new album, or did this fix it for an existing album?

#9 2014-10-26 09:58:19

aebolzan
Website

good question!....as I was making several changes in my web, I cannot be sure if I created a new album after changing the name of the template....I guess not, but I am not totally sure...  sad

Board footer