Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-08 04:45:16

kishw

Image Captions not showing

I have several highslide galleries configure and seem to work as expected but when configure the function to display the Filename as a caption on the displayed image it works while previewing in LR but when it is uploaded to my site none of the captions/filenames show.

Can you please suggest what I may be doing wrong and or how to display file names with each image in the slideshow and or on the thumbnail images ?

I sure there must be something simple I am overlooking
TIA
regards
Kishw
www.kishwphotos.co.uk
London, UK

#2 2014-10-08 04:51:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Image Captions not showing

if you're using Publisher, be sure to fill out the Publisher section of the Output Settings control pane with the proper metadata tokens
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ata_tokens
You'll likely need to republish the images. You can check the "Push metadata..." box in Publisher set up to make this quicker.

also, many of your albums are inaccessible. For example, clicking on Buildings and Sculpture I get this message:
The template ttg-be/templates/gallery/ could not be found. Create this template with CE4 Gallery then upload it to your server.
Make sure you've chosen a template for these albums to use.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-08 06:01:22

kishw

hmm, I think I may of moved the gallery templates accidently while play with FTP program..... brings the point I noticed that if the gallery template doesn't exist on the server the collection settings doesn't seem to show the name of the missing template ? so it makes it difficult to identify the name of the missing template.... is this a function of how lightroom works or something that could be fixed within the publisher plugin ?

#4 2014-10-08 06:04:03

rod barbee
Website

is this a function of how lightroom works or something that could be fixed within the publisher plugin ?

I think it's stored in the Publisher database. But that would be a question for Ben.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-10-08 07:19:48

kishw

I assume when I modify the metadata/caption settings I have to save and export the template to my server before republishing the collection ?

#6 2014-10-08 08:01:30

rod barbee
Website

I assume when I modify the metadata/caption settings I have to save and export the template to my server before republishing the collection ?

yep, whenever you make any changes to a template you need to export and upload first.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-10-08 13:06:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The templates list is populated by looking at the appropriate folder on your server to see what's there. So if the template is not in ttg-be/templates/gallery/ as it should be, then the publisher is unaware of its existence. This is intentional; for example, we don't want templates continuing to show up in the list if they have been intentionally deleted.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2014-10-08 19:23:50

kishw

Well I think I am getting somewhere, even though I still don't quite understand all the different terms and locations used - I have managed to get the Filename to display, however it appears that every so often one or two pictures get published without the Filename displaying in the Thumbnail Grid or Large Image in slideshow - so far I have been able to correct this by republishing the affected images - but that becomes a time consuming exercise if have lot of images to check... I get impression this could be timing issue during the publishing process ?

#9 2014-10-08 20:51:27

rod barbee
Website

I still don't quite understand all the different terms and locations used

Can you elaborate?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer