Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-29 02:08:43

jancop

Thumbnail directory not created anymore

Hello,

I have a website running for a while now and very happy with it.
www.jcfotosite.nl/org/

But now I have a little (?) problem, what was not there before.

When I create a new albums there are no Thumbnail directories created anymore. The other directories, such as
custom thumbnails and mobile thumbnails and photos are created normaly. Running PHP 5.4 now. So random selection of an image in the thumbnails is not working anymore (space invader).

Is this a known problem?

Jan

Last edited by jancop (2014-08-29 05:03:12)

#2 2014-08-29 07:38:16

Ben

Re: Thumbnail directory not created anymore

Hi Jan,

Depending on your setup, some of the gallery templates won't generate 'thumbnails' renditions, instead generating 'thumbnails-for-mobile' (which are then used in both the standard and mobile views).  The most recent version of Publisher, 2.1.2 addresses the need for 'thumbnails' by duplicating thumbnails-for-mobile into thumbnails during publish.
Are you running Publisher 2.1.2?  If so, can you try republishing one of your galleries to check that the thumbnails are being created successfully?
You'll need to have the Publisher setting 'Push metadata without updating existing photos' *unchecked* for the images to be re-created.

Last edited by Ben (2014-08-29 07:39:22)

#3 2014-08-29 18:09:28

jancop

Re: Thumbnail directory not created anymore

Hello Ben,

Thanks for replying. I was still running Publisher 2.1.1. I updated to 2.1.2 and the problem was solved.
Very nice helping so quickly!

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Jan

Board footer