Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-21 06:01:54

Volker Dobler
Website

Breadcrumbs text

Dear all,

I have looked in different files and searched the documentation but could not find (yet) any information, where the text for the breadcrumbs are stores.

If I upload a gallery via publisher and everything regarding the pictures works perfect. Only that the breadcrumbs starts with "Home -> Galleries -> ..." as text.
The next part in the breadcrumbs is the album title, but how can I change the first two words?
I have changed the text for "Home" in the navigation to "Startseite" and "Galleries" to "Bildergalerien" (German translation), but for the breadcrumbs, I could not find where to change these two words.

Any help is very welcomed.

Best regards and thanks a lot,
Volker

#2 2014-08-21 06:28:39

rod barbee
Website

Re: Breadcrumbs text

You can change Home in ttg-be publisher Settings.
I don't know about Galleries though

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-21 07:10:17

Ben

Hi Volker, do you have a URL we can look at?  There's a file called gallery.xml that may be residing in galleries.  If you have that file, then change the text 'Galleries' to 'Bildergalerien'.  If you don't have that file then let us know and we'll advise further.

For your info, gallery.xml is generated automatically with Pages installs.

#4 2014-08-21 21:38:44

michilge
Website

Hi Volker,

I assume Your "galleries" directory is not an output of a standalone autoindex but from CE4 Pages.
I also missed uploading that file gallery.xml first (not to be confused with galleries.xml).
This happened because normally when I export a new output from my Pages Plugin, I want to preserve the existing galleries folder on the server from being changed accidentally.

Just enter the directory /whereever_I_saved_my_export/galleries/ and upload the gallery.xml file to the galleries directory on the server.

If You want to chance the name by which the page is shown in the breadcrumbs trail, You can edit that file.
There is an entry "CNAME" followed by a string.

Viel Erfolg,
Michael

Last edited by michilge (2014-08-21 21:41:44)

#5 2014-08-22 00:45:52

Volker Dobler
Website

Dear all,

thank you very much for your responses.

@rod: thanks for the reminder about ttg-be - now I have change the "Home" to "Startseite" also in my breadcrumbs :-)

One picture gallery, where I have included the breadcrumbs is:
http://www.volker-dobler.de/galleries/2 … genhausen/

But still the "Galleries" is there ...

In the /galleries directory I did not have any gallery.xml file. I have such file in the sub-directory above, but it looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gallery>
  <id>19668</id>
</gallery>

so no "Bogenhausen im April 2014" what I would expected.

All galleries have NOT been published by CE4 pages but with a CE4 galleries template and by CE4 publisher.
The /galleries folder was created with CE4 autoindex (or I think even with CE3 autoindex).

So - if gallery.xml is the key, what should I include and why is the "Bogenhausen ...." text not found in the gallery.xml in the sub-folder above?

Best regards,
Volker

#6 2014-08-22 00:58:55

michilge
Website

Hi Volker,

when You export Your CE4 Pages Output, look in the folder on Your local computer You just exported into.
There will be a subfolder "galleries" with a file gallery.xml. Ftp this to the galleries folder on the server and everything will be alright.

PS: I can't access Your site from here because the checkpoint firewall won't let me. I'll take a look as soon as I'm home.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by michilge (2014-08-22 01:01:23)

#7 2014-08-22 03:27:16

Volker Dobler
Website

Michael,

it works!! :-) :-)

Thanks a lot - I uploaded the gallery.xml from a new CE4 page export and I do have now "Bildergalerie" as wished (and I know now, where to change it in the future).

Thanks a lot to all of you - as always very fast and helpful support.

Volker

Last edited by Volker Dobler (2014-08-22 03:27:32)

Board footer