Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-03 04:25:53

Ken
Website

CE4 Gallery Template does not update Caption changes

I wanted to add my copyright notice to the caption for photos viewed in the slide show mode. Originally I had a custom configuration for caption:

{Filename>>} - {Title>>} - {Caption>>}

This worked fine. I changed it to

{Filename>>} - {Title>>} - {Caption>>} - {Copyright>>}

I upoaded the new gallery template to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/CE 4 Gallery

I republished one of my gallery albums. When I look at it in the Slide show mode, I only see the original caption content fields: Filename, Title, and Caption. NO copyright information.

When I view the images in Slide Show mode in the Lighttoom preview, the copyright information is correctly displayed.

I tried clearing the browser cache and this has no effect. If I try changing one of the metadata fields, for example Caption, and republish the photo. The metada is updated correctly.

Can any one explain how to change the CE4 Gallery template, Image Info, Labels, Caption, Custom settings, so that these changes are reflected in the Gallery slide show?

If it is helpful, you can check the gallery that I have updated at

http://ioscapes.com/galleries/5-rural-landscapes/

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

#2 2014-08-03 04:44:33

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Gallery Template does not update Caption changes

did you also change the info in the Output Settings > Publisher Setup : Metadata Outlets? (it's not clear if you did)

Also, you should probably change the folder name for your template to eliminate the spaces. this could cause problems later on. Use only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores in file and folder names. No spaces or special characters.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-03 05:58:02

Ken
Website

OK I updated the Output Settings. I also change the folder name from to CE 4 Gallery to CE_4_Gallery. The Publisher album reflects the new template name, but when I try to publish the album I get the following message:

Can't Update This Collection
Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate

Any thoughts on why I can not publish the album?

Thanks

#4 2014-08-03 06:03:20

Ken
Website

I changed the template folder name back to CE 4 Gallery from CE_4_Gallery, since I couldn't update the albums.

#5 2014-08-03 06:23:10

rod barbee
Website

the reason you get that error message is that the album thinks it's using a template named "CE 4 Gallery". You need to assign it the new template: "CE_4_Gallery"

once you change the name of the folder, the new name should appear in the template drop-down in Album set up. Just choose that new name for the album

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2014-08-03 06:56:45

Ken
Website

the new name was selected in the template drop-down in Album set up. I only have one template, so it just automatically selected that template, the new renamed one. This is why I switched back to the original name, so that my albums are available.

Setting this issue aside, my main problem is that after I updated the Gallery Template with the correct Output Settings Publisher Setup, the published album is missing files it needs. The result is the following message at the gallery link

http://ioscapes.com/galleries/5-rural-landscapes/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /galleries/5-rural-landscapes/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have re uploaded the gallery template several times, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Any idea on how to get the template to properly create the gallery album?

#7 2014-08-03 07:11:42

Ken
Website

I deleted the gallery on the server and the publisher album setup and recreated a new album and republished. It seems to work OK now.

Thanks for your help

Board footer