Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-06 23:47:01

jherman
Website

CE4 Pages wishlist

I use the Full-screen "Flip" Gallery for my website home page. Unfortunately, the only way I have found to update or reorder the images is to re-export the entire Pages website. Tedious and tends to limit how often I update the home page.

Now, my wishlist, a way to specify a particular galley as the source for the home page images preferably with a way to manually or automatically assign a sort order. Random like the auto-index thumb nails would also work well. Then I could update as often as I wish using Publisher.

For example, I have a Publisher gallery called '1_featured images' which contains all of the Full-screen "Flip" Gallery images. A way to point the Full-screen "Flip" Gallery here and leave only the images needed within the actual site design in the Pages image and thumbnail sub directories would be ideal.

Jim.

User with too little time but coding is therapeutic.

#2 2014-07-07 11:19:44

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CE4 Pages wishlist

CE4 Pages includes an option to use a publisher template as Home page instead. That template can be created by CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage, with a slug name of "pages-gallery". When this album exists and the replacement option is enabled in the Pages setup, then the Home page can by managed by CE4 Publisher.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2014-07-07 19:29:50

jherman
Website

Wonderful. Awaiting with giddy anticipation.

User with too little time but coding is therapeutic.

#4 2014-07-07 22:26:02

lofty
Website

Matt,

That's a wonderful thing! Just what I am looking for smile

Board footer