Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-24 03:42:38

RichC

Moving to a new computer...Tips?

Hiya ,
I had LR4 etc set up fine on my old computer (vista business) with images on an internal storage drive separate from  op system.(32 bit)

Can boot in safe mode and the 2Gig storage disk is fine.

Anyone got any tips or pitfalls on transferring LR4 and its file/template associations over to the new Win 8 64 bit computer to minimise having to build site from scratch.
Especially items relating to publisher which I think will be key .
I have read LR 4 info from adobe with regard to possible issues but wondered if there is anything in TTG products that could cause an issue.

Any help greatfully received .

Regards

Rich C

#2 2013-08-24 05:35:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: Moving to a new computer...Tips?

Be sure to move the entire Lightroom folder found at C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/ to the new computer. That's where all your web galleries, templates, metadata and other presets, Modules, Plugins, Watermarks, etc. live.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-08-24 05:45:49

RichC

Re: Moving to a new computer...Tips?

Thyanks Rod ,
much appreciated.
Quite liking Win 8 (after only 3 hours .. and i have set it up so no tiled start screen !)

This new puter might even be able to run LR 5 but we shall see.. slowly slowly as to minimise effect on my site which I had actually got as I like !. always the way .
At least i am very good at backing up ...and to a drive which does not contain an operating system .

More to read on re-associating folders etc before i even attempt anything and have an HDD enclosure arriving tomorrow to transfer files and then put the 2 gig SATA drive in (Image storage.. past and future).
Lost Images before and no way again ...
Thanks again .

Rich smile

Board footer