Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-31 23:36:01

AlanSislen

Bluehost

What is the recommended service package - Standard or Pro?  There's a big difference in cost, so I want to make sure I get what the TTG plug-ins need.  With my network Solutions issues with Publisher, I'm throwing away the remaining two years on my Network Solutions contract, so I don't want to waste money for the Bluehost Pro package if it's unnecessary.

Matthew, I assume it's beneficial to you/TTG if I sign up with Bluehost from your link?

#2 2013-05-31 23:52:56

rod barbee
Website

Re: Bluehost

Hi Alan,

Standard is fine. You get unlimited space, it's compatible with TTG, the service has been great so far, and their control panel is pretty easy to navigate (especially compared to GoDaddy or the like). That's what I'm using.

(Do sign up through Matt's link. Not only will it cost you less ($4.95 vs $6.95/mo), but it does benefit Matt)

Network Solutions won't refund your remaining time? Even GoDaddy refunded the time I had left with them when I switched.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-05-31 23:53:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The standard package will suffice. And yes, if you use the TTG link, it helps me out. Thanks!

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2013-05-31 23:57:34

AlanSislen

Rod, I don't even want to ask Network Solutions about a refund until everything is moved over and working!  But I will!

#5 2013-06-01 08:06:44

pmercurio

Hi, MInd if I ask what the problem was with "Network Solutions" ?
My blue host account is up for renewal so I'm doing a little shopping around.
Anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to blue host which support was is needed with TTG as per the hosting info page:

Linux Operating System;
Apache Web Server;
PHP 5.2.6 or newer.

Cheers,
Phil

#6 2013-06-01 08:28:22

rod barbee
Website

See this: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … ion-issue/

Bluehost has been great for me. And it's certainly affordable compared to GoDaddy and the like.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2013-06-01 09:15:22

pmercurio

Thanks Rod, I'll skip them and continue the hunt.
My issue is that I'm not generating revenue from my site and the cost for hosting has essentially doubled after the initial hosting period with blue host......

#8 2013-06-04 21:07:20

Ben

Bluehost is the most dependable hosting service I have used.  Personally, I won't be shifting unless there is a very good reason to do so.
I don't know how they compare for price, but Hostgator also offers a pretty decent service (though not as good as Bluehost).

Avoid Network Solutions
1. Their service throws errors with Publisher even before the request has reached our script, and their support has not been helpful in looking into or revealing the cause.  You can't reply to support tickets, so dealing with them is like being stuck in Groundhog Day.
2. Performance is poor.  Publishing takes several times longer per photo compared to Bluehost

Board footer