Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-22 03:38:58

bexwebstuff

Help purchasing cart or CE3 or both

Hi,

I am loving what I'm seeing so far.  Right now, I am looking for a Paypal cart solution via Lightroom web upload for my Wordpress site and am a little confused as to what is the best TTG purchase solution.  Here are the facts I have so far.

1) CE2 Cart appears ideal for my immediate needs and will imbed into Wordpress or page I can link to through a WP page (though style and formatting may differ)
2) CE2 Cart will be replaced with a CE3 Cart solution in the near future
3) Not sure I need CE3 bundle right now, but may be optimal for down-the-road.  Don't know what the benefits/features/functions are quite yet.  Still learning and quite curious.  I may decide to re-write my webpage and move away from WordPress.

My initial question and followups are...Does CE3 bundle include a paypal cart solution?  If so, is it currently CE2 Cart?  Any info on whether I'd have to pay an upgrade to CE3 Cart if current cart solution is CE2 Cart?

I hope you can help.  I am eager to hit the ground running with this cool Lightroom-integrated solution.

Bill

Last edited by bexwebstuff (2013-05-22 03:40:26)

#2 2013-05-22 15:35:21

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Help purchasing cart or CE3 or both

Hi Bill,

CE2 Cart is our current PayPal shopping cart solution; CE3 Cart is expected sometime during the summer. New CE2 Cart purchases will be upgraded to CE3 Cart upon its release, at no additional charge.

CE2 Cart requires pairing with a CE2 version image gallery: CE2 Highslide, CE2 Horizon or CE2 Photoswipe galleries all offer cart support.

When released, CE3 Cart will require pairing with CE3 Gallery.

CE3 Gallery is available now, and includes the older CE2 Highslide and Photoswipe galleries in the same purchase (specifically so that CE2 Cart users can use the galleries with the shopping cart).

CE3 Gallery is includes in the CE3 Web Publishing Bundle, or for individual purchase. The shopping cart is not included in the bundle, and CE3 Cart will not be included in the bundle either; because not every user will need the shopping cart, it will always be available as an individual, add-on purchase.

As for WordPress, do take heed that our plugins do not interface with WordPress installations. You can run our galleries, pages, shopping cart, etc. alongside a WordPress installation, and you can link back-and-forth between the two. But for all intents, WordPress is an isolated system and CE3 functions outside of that.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-05-22 23:02:32

bexwebstuff

Thank you Matthew.  Your answers are much appreciated.

I have a couple followup questions to your post after seeing a CE3 gallery/CE2 cart solution.  It does appear to fulfill my immediate needs.

1) Is it a better choice (features/functions/integration) to start with a CE3 gallery knowing that a CE3 Cart solution is coming up?  Are there any gotcha's with respect to upgrading from CE2 Highslide to a CE3 gallery (non-CE2 Highslide) that would lend itself to start with a CE3 gallery?

2) How "out of the box" are the TTG solutions I would start with (CE2Cart and CE2/CE3 gallery).  While I know enough to be dangerous, .css, .js and other tweaks and fixes are not my forte?  I would rather get a cart up and running than spend hours customizing lines of code.

Thanks again for a timely and helpful post.

Bill

#4 2013-05-22 23:31:49

rod barbee
Website

1) If you use Publisher, then updating any current CE2 galleries to CE3 versions is easy: just change the template being used

2) TTG plugins are pretty much "out of the box". There is no need to edit or add to any of the functionality code. There are advanced features that you can choose to use, but they're certainly not necessary in getting a site up and running.

There is some setup with the Cart that can be confusing at first, but if you take it step by step, it's not bad. And if you already know enough to be dangerous, then it should pose no problems. smile
And the forum is here to help whenever you might get stuck.

Do make sure your host meets the requirements, you can save yourself a lot of hair pulling by making sure your host is running the needed version of PHP

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-05-23 05:36:42

bexwebstuff

Thanks Rob,

I will confirm hosting requirements first.

One last question. 

I'd like to keep my existing theme and want to know...Is the Highslide Gallery (required for CE2 Cart) the same as Highslide .js plug-in?  as I don't want to change themes or manage two on one site, just yet.  I'm guessing WP won't allow two themes on one website.

Thanks for all the excellent replies.

Bill

#6 2013-05-23 06:29:15

rod barbee
Website

Highslide.js is used by the CE2 Highslide gallery. You'll have to style the look within the TTG plugin.

Also, TTG Highslide is not a Wordpress theme. You can link to your galleries from a Wordpress page, but they don't integrate with Wordpress. Neither does the Cart.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2013-05-23 12:32:00

bexwebstuff

Thanks again Rod

I have all the info I need. I can't wait to get working on it.

#8 2013-05-24 05:59:17

bexwebstuff

HELP FINDING DOWNLOADS

Having trouble finding where to download Highslide stuff as part of my upcoming CE2 Cart purchase.  I have already found the link for Highslide .js but not for the Highslide Gallery.

Highslide Gallery still available or is it an older version replaced with CE3 Gallery?

websearches only point to a demo of Highslide Gallery with no apparent link to purchase.

Thanks,

Bill

#9 2013-05-24 06:41:55

rod barbee
Website

When you purchase CE3 Gallery, it also comes with the CE2 versions of Highslide and Photoswipe. http://shop.theturninggate.net/collecti … ts/gallery

After purchase you should be sent a link by email for the download. Same for Cart

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2013-05-24 12:02:51

Matthew
Administrator
Website

CE3 Gallery is available now, and includes the older CE2 Highslide and Photoswipe galleries in the same purchase (specifically so that CE2 Cart users can use the galleries with the shopping cart).

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer