Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-08 02:45:00

slrosenfeld

Upgrade options from Highslide Gallery Pro 2.0

I've been using Highslide Gallery Pro 2.0 for my website--I use the shopping cart feature, but not the client proofing. I'd like to implement the client proofing gallery with your latest version, and well as upgrade the look and functionality of the cart--basically, a full overhaul. Looks to me like replacing what I have currently (TTG Auto index CE 4.0.1, TTG Highslide Gallery Pro 2.0.7 and TTG Pages 3.7.3 would require the following: CE3 web publishing bundle,  CE2 cart, and CE3 client response gallery. Is this correct?  Also, 2 more questions; 1.What is the implementation of drop-down menus in CE3?  When I searched your site, I found an older tutorial from when this feature was just coming out, and it seemed to require a bit of fussing.  Is that easier now? 2.  Is there a way to port any or all of my customizations from Highslide Gallery Pro 2 to the new version, or do I need to start from scratch?  Thanks.

#2 2013-05-08 06:56:14

rod barbee
Website

Re: Upgrade options from Highslide Gallery Pro 2.0

You've got it as far as what you'll need to get current with the plug-ins.
For now, you'll need to use the CE2 gallery engines with the CE2 Cart, but I believe those are included when you get Gallery CE3. (CE3 Cart is on its way later in the year)

1)  Drop downs are implemented the same as previously: enable multi-level navigation in the plug-in and and then use phplugins to actually implement the drop-downs. But Matt has all the coding already taken care of in the phplugins.php file, all you need to do in the phplugin.php file is to remove a couple of lines that comment out the drop-down code and customize the menu however you like. It's not hard.
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … navigation

2) No. Start from scratch.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-05-09 01:59:59

slrosenfeld

Re: Upgrade options from Highslide Gallery Pro 2.0

Thanks!

Board footer