Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-05 19:45:21

dvine

Managing website from two computers

I manage; my website from an IMac. When I travel with my MacBook, I take pictures but cannot manage my website.

What file content do I need to transfer to my laptop before each trip, if I want to maintain the same functionality on the road as at home?

Thanks

#2 2013-05-05 23:01:15

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Managing website from two computers

You should work from one catalog. So I guess you'll need to take the catalog files.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-05-06 23:56:12

dvine

Thanks,

The files  I'm interested in knowing about are not the catalog files but the template support files.

As I understand things, I can add to my website using any Lightroom catalogue, even a temporary travel catalog. So if I've made some formatting changes or updated the templates just before leaving home, I want to know which directories to transfer to my laptop. In fact I was thinking about backing them up onto Google drive then adding them back to my laptop from wherever I am when I need them

#4 2013-05-07 00:23:42

rod barbee
Website

The templates are stored in the Web Templates folder (and sub-folders within)
The easiest thing to do is to copy the entire Web Templates folder from your desktop to the corresponding location on your laptop.
Web Templates folder should be in the same folder as the Web Galleries folder, where you installed the web engines to begin with.
For example, on Windows 7 the Web Galleries folder is located in C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Lightroom/

http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … stallation

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2013-05-07 16:02:38

Kris

I have a regular backup of the entire templates folder on my google drive.  Makes it easy to transfer up to date settings between computers.

#6 2013-05-08 04:13:26

dvine

Thanks Kris

Would you tell me how you set up sync with Google drive. I downloaded the app but the required steps elude me

Board footer