Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-16 09:40:18

rogerda

Request for new features: Full navigation menus in footers

I totally understand the mess for responsive design issues caused by duplicating the full navigation footer menus in CE3 Pages and CE3 Gallery, as in CE2.  And good for Matt and Ben for cleaning things up.

However, some of the people who follow me become easily lost in the weeds.  I, indeed, myself, am frequently lost in the weeds.  For them, and for me, I really need to get back the footer navigation menus if it is at all possible. 

I mean -- it would just be a little-bitty check-box that nobody would have to check if they didn't want to, and I'll bet the code is already squirreled away somewhere nearby.

So -- consider it a request from a loyal/dedicated/grateful/long-time/happy customer.

:-))

#2 2013-04-16 11:17:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Request for new features: Full navigation menus in footers

Hi Roger,

Glad to hear you're a happy customer, and I am sorry to disappoint you, but I have no plans to revisit footer navigation at this time. I feel the "Back to Top" link is the best catch-all solution for the range of navigation possibilities -- single-level and multi-level, desktop and responsive mobile, LR-configured and PHPlugins-managed, etc. Unfurling the navigation in the footer would introduce a number of complications which, in the interests of streamlining, responsive design, and my own priorities for development and support, are simply unnecessary.

However, you can use PHPlugins to customize the footer to your own liking. Best way would be to copy the existing source code for the footer, paste it into a PHPlugins function, then write-in your navigation to replace the existing "Back to top" link.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer