Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-10 00:59:59

yoshi

updating website once it's online

Hi,

i have created my website with CE2 Pages and Stages and now online and working fine. The website has a flash slideshow on the main page.  NOw I would like to add  a few more images to the existing slideshow.   The slideshow is created by using the lightroom flash gallery, named "home-lightroomflasgallery" which is exported to the HOMEPAGE folder.

my question is that if it's possible to just replace the old "home-lightroomflashgallery" file already existing online by uploading the new "home-lightroomflashgallery" with newly added images , to the homepage folder online?   Or do i have to upload the entire HOMEPAGE folder with the new "home-lightroomflashgallery" file in it ?

I hope my question is clear enough.

Appreciate if anyone could give me advice on this.

thanks.

Yoshi

#2 2013-04-10 01:23:30

rod barbee
Website

Re: updating website once it's online

You should be able to just re-export the flash gallery and upload that. Give it a try and see what happens.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2013-04-10 01:30:29

yoshi

Thanks, Rod. If that simple, it would be great. I will give it a try.

#4 2013-04-10 13:21:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Export a new Lightroom Flash Gallery and replace the home-lightroomflashgallery folder online with the new one. That is all.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2013-05-14 00:09:59

yoshi

Thanks, Matthew.

While i am at this subject, I would like to ask one more question.

Currently the main page of my webisite contains a flash gallery created by the "lightroom flash gallery" template in CE2 pages. Obviously  this slide show cannot be viewed by either  iphone or ipad...not sure other smartphones for that matter.  Which image gallery template should I use to create a new gallery so that it can work for iphone and ipad?  If I use other gallery template, can I simply replace that folder with currently named "home-lightfroomflashgallery" ?  Or I need to recreate the whole main page?

Many thanks.

Yoshi

#6 2013-05-14 00:49:11

rod barbee
Website

Under Appearance>Home Page: Staging, choose HTML Media as Media Presentation and then choose one of the options under HTML Presentation.
The choices are:
Galleria slide show  (which is very nice)
Horizon Gallery
Photoswipe gallery
Still Image

You can also use PHPlugins to insert any other content or mobile friendly gallery of your choosing.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2013-05-14 06:40:17

yoshi

Thanks again, Rod.  I will check them out and try.

#8 2013-05-17 01:02:39

yoshi

I was successfully able to update my main page gallery, thanks to the help of Mathew and Rod.  Thanks guys.

Regarding my latest question about creating images gallery that can be seen on iphone/ipad, I realised that i did use "lightroom flash gallery template" to create a flash photo gallery which is located on the level 2 (sub page).  That gallery can show clickable thumbnail images which can be enlarged on iphone and ipad devices, however; the flash gallery on my main page won't show any clickable images in the same way as other sub gallery(created in LR flash gallery template).  Why is that?  Is there any way I can make the flash gallery on the main page show clickable  thumbnails on iphone/ipad? Hope my question makes any sense.

If you can go to my website  (www.yoshi-shimizu.com) on your iphone or ipad, you would see:

a single photo on my main page. No flash gallery works though there is a flash gallery.

When you go to "galleries" on the menu and click ...let's say "portraits", then you would see clickable thumbnails which can be enlarged individually .  These galleries were also created in Lightroom flash gallery template.   I would like my main flash gallery to work the same way.   How can I make it work??

Thanks

#9 2013-05-17 01:58:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Yoshi,

CE3 Pages is the first version to support a mobile fallback for the Home page, but also abandons Flash support; the older version you're now running doesn't have a mobile gallery.

Amazing photos, though. Seriously. Wow.

Matt

#10 2013-05-17 02:48:56

yoshi

Thanks Matthew!  It's good to know CE3 support a mobile fallback  What do you suggest the best way to do this?  Should I get the new version? Does this mean I start from scratch?  Or create non-flash gallery for the home page??   When it comes to a website building, I can get lost easily!

#11 2013-05-17 11:22:56

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You would need to start from scratch using CE3, but I think the upgrade is very worthwhile. It's also a good opportunity to start using our Publish Services plugin to start managing galleries with CE3 Gallery. Here are some CE3 version websites, so you can see what the end result might look like: http://ce3.theturninggate.net/ce3-showcase/

Matt

Board footer