Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-09 18:21:42

RPPugh
Website

Backlight / WordPress advice?

Hi

I'm a complete WordPress neophyte, so I'm looking for some basic advice. I have decided that I want to add trip reports to my site, giving more background to my safaris and expeditions, with links from each report to the gallery/galleries from that trip.

The obvious (to me) solution would seem to be to put these reports up as entries in a WordPress Blog?

Before I start to dig deeper into WordPress, I'd like to understand if there is a straightforward way to link to the relevant Backlight Albums (or Album Sets) from the text (or an embedded image) in a WordPress blog? Or is it even possible at all? I don't want to waste a lot of time going down a blind alley!

Thanks

Richard

#2 2020-04-09 21:21:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight / WordPress advice?

You can just create a text link or add a picture that’s linked. That’s very easy to do in WordPress

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-04-09 22:40:04

RPPugh
Website

Re: Backlight / WordPress advice?

Thanks Rod - I'll start to get myself going with WordPress in due course, and if I get stuck, I may come back for more advice, but it sounds pretty straightforward.

Richard

Board footer