Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-27 19:40:10

j.foschiatti

Getting Started

Can somebody please point me in the direction of an informative tutorial on creating a web page with CE2 Pages, Highslide Gallery and Auto Index. I have purchased these three items and cannot for the life of me work out how to use them. I am completely lost on what to do. Somebody please help me sad

#2 2012-10-27 20:59:30

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Getting Started

Our beginner's tutorial walks you through using TTG CE2 Pages + TTG CE2 Highslide Gallery:
http://theturninggate.net/2012/02/a-beg … using-ttg/

You can add the auto index to the mix later, after you have a well-grounded understanding of how these things works.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2012-10-27 22:20:22

rod barbee
Website

And since you'll probably come up with more questions along the way, be sure to visit the FAQ in the Announcements and Information section right at the top of the forum.
And this blog post on my site might help as well.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2012-10-28 15:10:50

j.foschiatti

Thanks Matthew for the reply. I have set up my pages and exported them to my desktop. YOur tutorial on FTP doesn't actually tell me how I get my pages up to my website. Rod I will check out your website to see if I can get any answers there.

Thanks Again.

#5 2012-10-28 15:15:14

rod barbee
Website

You use an FTP program to transfer your exported TTG files to your web server. You'll need the credentials from your host.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2012-10-28 15:18:39

j.foschiatti

I read it five times and clearly I am stupid because I cannot determine how I actually get my "Pages" off my desktop and to my website?????

#7 2012-10-28 15:28:42

rod barbee
Website

Open your FTP program. Connect to your web server using the credentials supplied by your host. Each FTP program is different so you'll have to read the documentation for yours to see how to enter your FTP address, username, and password.
Once connected to your server space make sure to navigate to the root of your site (usually the public_html folder). this is often done on the right hand side of the interface.
On the other side of the interface navigate to the location on your computer where you've placed your TTG export.
Highlight the files and click the upload button or whatever your FTP program uses

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2012-10-28 15:35:38

j.foschiatti

Last question. When I go to upload, it won't upload the whole "Pages" folder and I dont know which files to upload to make my website???

#9 2012-10-28 15:45:15

rod barbee
Website

Upload the contents of the Pages folder you exported (assuming you named it Pages). Not the "pages" folder itself, but its contents. You should end up with several files and folders in the root of your site including index.php, galleries.php, about.php, etc. and folders such as galleries/, resources/, photos/, etc.
Matt's beginner's tutorial has a screen shot of all the files you should see in the root

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2012-10-28 16:18:27

j.foschiatti

All good, I worked it out, thank you for all your help.

Board footer