Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-19 10:56:59

phillip

Caption & Title Line/Paragraph Breaks Solved

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how to break lines/paragraphs within captions & or titles and saw there were a few posts on this topic already asked by kristenwestlake and hulsebos58 and that people were saying there doesn't appear to be a way to do it.  After trying a few things and figuring  out how to do it I thought I'd share.

Go to the index.php file of the gallery with the image/s that you want to have paragraph breaks within and edit the section of an image that has <p>your text example</p> in it.  In between sentences that you want to have a paragraph line break enter <br/><br/>.  So it will look like this-<p>your sentence. <br/><br/> another sentence.</p>.   

This works for either titles or captions.

And if one just wants to have a partial line break with the next sentence starting from the next row down (instead of a complete line/paragraph break) just enter one <br/> or even just <p>.

Just make sure you are editing the text within the <p>...</p> section as there are other similar looking areas with the same caption or title text, but that won't be applied to the actual area wanted.

Hope that helps

#2 2013-04-19 12:44:50

phillip

Re: Caption & Title Line/Paragraph Breaks Solved

BEST WAY DISCOVERED

I just discovered that line breaks can be inserted directly from within LR by adding <br/><br/> or partial breaks with <br/> or <p> depending on desired style in the caption or title metadata fields. 

For editing already exported galleries the above method can be done, but it is obviously much more of a pain in the a$$, so better to do it in the Library module within LR and then export.

#3 2013-04-19 15:24:33

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Because the Highslide gallery supports HTML in captions, this will work. But in the mobile gallery, Photoswipe does not support HTML in captions, so it's not a good idea. Check your galleries on mobile and you'll see what I mean.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2013-04-19 16:08:05

phillip

Well you know what I want for Xmas.  Is HTML for mobile possible in future updates?

Is there any other way to have paragraph descriptions of individual images?

Surely this is an important function for photographers.

Thanks

#5 2013-04-19 17:10:59

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I don't think any such updates are planned for Photoswipe.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2017-02-17 02:21:20

pideja

I found this "older" post while trying to solve a similar issue. In Backlight, I am using the single image display for the large images and the title and caption written in LT.
The caption is on one line and looks like this:
"Metteur en scène : Roger Bontemps l Décor : Michel Labrique l Costumes : Marcel Manteau"
I am trying to make it look something like this:
"Metteur en scène : Roger Bontemps l Décor : Michel Labrique l Costumes : Marcel Manteau"

TTG user Phillip wrote:
"Go to the index.php file of the gallery with the image/s that you want to have paragraph breaks within and edit the section of an image that has <p>your text example</p> in it.  In between sentences that you want to have a paragraph line break enter <br/><br/>.  So it will look like this-<p>your sentence. <br/><br/> another sentence.</p>.   
This works for either titles or captions."

But Matthew objected :"Because the Highslide gallery supports HTML in captions, this will work. But in the mobile gallery, Photoswipe does not support HTML in captions, so it's not a good idea. Check your galleries on mobile and you'll see what I mean."

Is this still the situation?

#7 2017-02-17 02:30:56

rod barbee
Website

that won't work in Backlight. Just take a look at any index.php file for an album or, in this case, the single.php would control the large image pages. You won't fine any such code to edit.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer