Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-19 00:23:39

afink01

Images with Animation

I am about to post a series of images from a recent European tour.  I would like to insert some animated slides to my gallery in which the location name would fade in over the image at the start of consecutive series of slides.  Can slides/images with embedded animation be uploaded to the webpage?  If so, is there a preferred way to embed the animation (e.g. Powerpoint, Pictures-to-exe, etc.)?

I am using Backlight 2 with the Pangolin album template.

Thanks

Aaron

#2 2020-01-19 01:45:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Images with Animation

you could use Vegas slide show, but all your images will need to be prepared ahead of time. You would need to create images with text in Photoshop first and add them to the album.

If using Pictures to EXE you could output to mp4 video and use the html video option in Theater.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-01-19 02:23:06

afink01

OK.  Thanks

#4 2020-01-19 02:47:20

afink01

Rod: 

Each webpage would only need two or three "animated" slides.  What I would like to do is have a specific image appear (which would begin the specific location sequence) and then have an overlayed text (the location name) fade into the center of that image.  I could do that by creating a video in which the image without text initially appears and then fades out as a duplicate of the image with the text fades in.  However, it appears that the requirements for adding such videos (even is short e.g. 8 sec) is rather complex.  Am I mistaken?

You mention using Vegas slideshow and preparing all of the images ahead of time.  Given the small number of "animated" images I would need, it would be no problem to prepare these slides and then upload them into the album along with the other static images.  What I don't quite understand is how I could get the text to appear to fade in using the Vegas slideshow.

Thanks

Aaron

#5 2020-01-19 03:43:32

rod barbee
Website

What I don't quite understand is how I could get the text to appear to fade in using the Vegas slideshow.

You can’t, not in Backlight.
You would need to prepare an image with the text on it already. Basically two of the same picture only one would have the text introducing the series. That image would come up first followed by the image without the text and so on.

The only other option I see is to prepare the entire album presentation in something like Pictures to EXE and output it as a video (mp4 suitable for HTML5 video or YouTube or Vimeo) and use Theater’s video presentation to display it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2020-01-19 03:55:38

afink01

Rod: 

One last option...which I doubt is realistic, but I thought I'd ask. 

Using PTE, I was able to make a short 8 sec video including only two slides.  One without the text and one with the text.   For the first 2 sec, only the image without the text appears and then over the next 4 seconds, the first image fades into the slide of the identical image with the text superimposed.  This creates the effect of the text slowly appearing over the image.  Am I correct in my understanding that in Backlight, I can't play a short video such as this and then continue on with static images, following by another short video (for the next location) and then shots for this location, etc.?

Thanks

Aaron

#7 2020-01-19 04:19:14

rod barbee
Website

Am I correct in my understanding that in Backlight, I can't play a short video such as this and then continue on with static images, following by another short video (for the next location) and then shots for this location, etc.?

That's correct.

Lightroom has no way of publishing videos to an album and I don't think you can upload videos to an album through Backlight's publisher.
Even if you could, you'd then have the issue of incorporating that into the Vegas slide show, which I doubt it's capable of.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2020-01-19 04:28:59

afink01

Oh well....a boy can dream!!!  smile

Thanks for the help.

Aaron

#9 2020-01-19 08:19:23

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Self-hosting video is more of a nightmare than a dream. You're better off putting it on YouTube or Vimeo.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer