Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-08 23:02:26

richam
Website

Safari Partially loads images

Probably a setup problem, but can't seem to figure it out.  On pages with many images, Firefix and Chrome load normally.  But Safari often loads only a partial of some images.  In Safari, clearing history and forcing reload may fix some of the images, but others show up broken.  I'm using BlueHost with server cache turned off.  Tried disabling php and css in the page template -- no help.  Anyone run across this before?

#2 2020-01-08 23:09:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: Safari Partially loads images

I see it happen once in awhile. Usually, refreshing the page fixes it, but not always. I don't know why it happens.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2020-01-08 23:24:57

tgalex
Website

same here - refresh usually fixes it but not always.  Sometimes moving to another page on your site and then going back takes care of it.  I always assumed it has something to do with the bandwidth at my house.  If I go off my home wifi and use cellular connection it seems to clear up.

#4 2020-01-08 23:58:31

richam
Website

I surfed around the Apple Safari support pages and found others are having similar problems.  One solution suggested using different DNS servers -- 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  I did this, restarted, cleared all history in Safari, and now it seems to be working better, but not 100%.

Board footer