Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-07 22:00:33

Dave C

Uploading Photos

Over the years my server's firewall blocks my uploads once a certain, random number of photos has been reached. My IP address is dynamic [I cannot afford a static one] and so the ISP cannot add it to their whitelist. Is there any way that processing can be done on my PC so that I can then upload via ftp?

#2 2019-10-07 23:41:09

rod barbee
Website

Re: Uploading Photos

Dave C wrote:

Is there any way that processing can be done on my PC so that I can then upload via ftp?

No. However, there is a setting in Publisher to Delay the API Requests. You can set that from .5 sec to 60 sec. This might help.

In Backlight 2, you can use the Backlight uploader rather than Lightroom.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … acklight_2

Using the Backlight Publisher uploader (rather than Lightroom Publisher) you can upload as many or as few images at a time as you wish.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-10-08 16:39:38

Dave C

It's not the uploading software that's the problem. It's that the ISP's firewall recognises large amounts of data entering the server as a potential DOS attack and so blocks that particular IP address. I don't know why this should be different when uploading via ftp.

#4 2019-10-08 22:03:26

rod barbee
Website

Then that’s an issue for your host. The only way to create albums with Lightroom is via Lightroom Publisher or the Backlight Publisher uploader.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-10-08 23:55:47

Daniel Leu
Website

Dave C wrote:

It's not the uploading software that's the problem. It's that the ISP's firewall recognises large amounts of data entering the server as a potential DOS attack and so blocks that particular IP address. I don't know why this should be different when uploading via ftp.

Hmm... can you use DDNS (dynamic DNS) like noip.com with your host in order to whitelist your machine?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer