Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-19 01:29:19

speacock110

Download photos not working on host but working on local hosted site.

I have various albums some allow downloads some don’t controlled via different album templates. Normally I create these via Lightroom and upload them to my local hosted site. When I am happy I then sync my local to my hosted site “1and1 IONOS” after changing the site url from my local name “sp-photo.site” to my real domain “www.stevepeacock-photography.com”   everything works fine I am able to download photos in both cases.

This time I decided to use the web uploader to upload images to my local site (the images come from a different Lightroom Catalogue) so I created the album used the same template as before added the access code which all my albums have. Tested it locally no problem downloaded images. As everything worked fine I synced the site changed the URL, cleared caches. The album was working as expected but when I downloaded I got a file called “download.php.html” I repeated all my tests checked permissions on my hosted site. Rechecked previous download albums and they still work.

My download files are uploaded manually, into a standard folder. As the hosted site is a duplicate of my locally hosted site all file names and folder names are identical.

Any ideas?

#2 2019-08-19 03:28:17

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Download photos not working on host but working on local hosted site.

Do you have a link to an album where download doesn't work?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2019-08-20 07:08:45

speacock110

Replied by email with access codes and login

#4 2019-08-20 21:19:29

Ben

I haven't seen that specific error related to downloading.  One thing to try is to edit the .htaccess file used by Albums:

1. Visit Admin > Settings
2. Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings
3. Click Edit Settings
4. Edit the Album .htaccess field, adding '#' at the start of the line referencing download.php, and that immediately preceding it so that those two lines look like:

#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !mod_rewrite=on
	#RewriteRule ^(.*)download.php %{ENV:BASE}download.php?%{ENV:QS} [QSA,L]

5. Click Save Settings
6. On the main Backlight landing page, click Update Album Files in the Special Links section.

If that doesn't help, then please email me with album details, a Backlight admin login and FTP details, so that I can investigate further.

#5 2019-08-21 01:09:42

speacock110

By adding those changes the download now works. I cannot see why a Lightroom created Album downloads but a Backlight created Album does not Especially when using the same Album Template. Also why it does work on a local system. The only difference is that my hosted site is HTTPS but my local site is HTTP. I am just changing the local hosted site to be HTTPS my section of the site is HTTPS but as soon as I go to the backlioght galleries  section it is HTTP. ) galleries index page is secure

#6 2019-08-21 11:23:10

Ben

Without further details or access to your galleries or Backlight, I have no idea.

The two rules I asked you to comment out are redundant.  They can cause problems on specific Apache setups, I suspect when PHP is handled through FPM/FastCGI.

#7 2019-08-21 16:23:15

speacock110

If you wish to take it further I am happy to provide logon etc. Otherwise i will make sure they stay commented out
Thanks

#8 2019-08-21 20:03:10

Ben

If you could check your PHP Info (available via the link on the Backlight Admin home page) and see what it has for PHP handler then that would be helpful. Look for either FastCGI or Apache Handler

#9 2019-08-22 20:47:24

speacock110

### 1an1IONOS Hosting

Server API - CGI/FastCGI
Fastcgilogging - 1

### Local mac Apache Hosting

Server API - Apache 2.0 Handler

#10 2019-08-22 20:51:30

Ben

Thanks. That's the difference. The download.php rule in..htaccess breaks the download function for FastCGI.

#11 2019-08-24 00:56:31

speacock110

Cheers, prefer an explanation as well as a solution. Have commented out those two lines on local as well as hosted as they are redundant

Board footer