Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-31 22:19:41

DennisKeyes

Backup failure

I have an ongoing issue which I and multiple users and developers have been unable to resolve.  I gave up and did a reinstall with the intentions of starting all over.  The website I built in a temporary folder was fabulous as far as I was concerned.  It had all the features I wanted and needed.  I followed the recommended procedures to move it into the public folder from the temp folder but it did not work.  No one was able to help me.  I sought an outside developer who was not able to help and possibly confused the issue by working without communicating with me. 
After doing a reinstall, I began to recreate from scratch the website I had built over 2 months of work.  I decided to try restoring my backup one more time. I copied and saved my newly created custom and data folders so that if this last effort did not work, I could return them to their places and continue rebuilding the site.  I then restored the custom and data folders from my original site in the hopes that my old site would reappear.  It did not.  However, with this attempt (probably the 5th attempt) I did get a new, previously not seen, message which has once again given me hope.  A paragraph of code appeared along with this message:

Something went wrong
Unexpected error: file_put_contents(../backlight/data/class_lookup.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ClassFinder.php on line 113

Please report error at http://community.theturninggate.net

I am now duly reporting this error in the hopes that someone may be able to determine what steps might help me restore all my previous work.  I have been without a website for 3 months now and it has effectively removed me from the market.  I would appreciate any help I can get.  If no one is willing or able to help, I will get back to the business of starting over.   
To see the entire message, you only need to go to my website:
www.denniskeyesphotography.com

#2 2019-07-31 22:30:55

Ben

Re: Backup failure

Hi Dennis, I'm sorry to hear that you're still stuck. I am in a better position to assist than when we last emailed, but I still can't log in via FTP.

#3 2019-08-01 00:54:06

DennisKeyes

Thank you so much for responding.  my ftp login is:
user:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
password:  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have another login also
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My Backlight admin login is:
user:  xxxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The backlight designer login also leads to a very similar error message as the site login.

#4 2019-08-01 01:11:29

DennisKeyes

I will log out of my ftp while you are working.

#5 2019-08-01 02:05:03

rod barbee
Website

Dennis,

Can you email your login info directly to Ben using the email link below his picture in his post above.

For the security of your site, I've removed your login info from the post above.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer