Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-21 16:01:46

mmanfrediwork

Publishing via Lightroom

I have just installed Backlight 2 and I am attempting to publish several album sets and albums.  Upon clicking publish I get the following from Lightroom:

Can’t update this collection.
Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate
Message: The album could not be found for id 54970.  Please edit this album and try again.

In LR plugin manager there are 5 diagnostic messages:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/markmanfredi/Desktop/Backlight 2/TTG-Publisher/TTG-Publisher.lrplugin

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.

Message: The album could not be found for id 57732.  Please edit this album and try again.

**** Error 2

Message: The album could not be found for id 54970.  Please edit this album and try again.

**** Error 3

**** Error 4

Message: The album could not be found for id 28928.  Please edit this album and try again.

**** Error 5

I have tried to "edit the album" but see nothing to fix.

I have reloaded the plugin but get the same result.

Here is link to my website (very much a work in progress).
http://www.markandmichellegallery.com/galleries/

As you can see one album set "Family and Friends" has started to load, but that's as far as it gets

Suggestions??  Thanks

Mark

#2 2019-07-21 22:22:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publishing via Lightroom

Make sure you’re using the latest TTG Lightroom plug-in. You can download it from your Backlight Modules Page.

Can you tell us more about your setup?

Is this an upgrade from Backlight 1?
If so,  do any albums have old Okapi album templates assigned to them?
If that’s the case, install the Okapi templates from your Backlight Modules Page.

If you’ve updated from Backlight 1 and your old albums were using Theater, you’ll need to also upgrade the Theater module.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-07-22 03:19:34

mmanfrediwork

Thanks Rod.

I am using theTTG Lightroom plug-in downloaded from the Modules page.  I removed the old plugin I was using (not sure of the version) and added the downloaded version.

This started as an upgrade to Backlight 1 but after experiencing several issues installing Backlight 2, in the ned I removed ALL files from under "public_html" (using Bluehost) and uploaded the installer files there.

Not sure if the albums have old Okapi templates assigned or not.  Under Backlight 2, they are all default.  Is there a way to check this?.  In any case, I have "installed" ALL Modules provided with Backlight 2 including Okapi Web Modules and Backlight 2 Add-ons; Galleria, Theater and WP Theme

Appreciate any further suggestions?  I don't see a means to attach files to this forum, other wise I could provide requested files/screenshots to assist troubleshooting.  Im sure its something simple - it usually is.  Thanks

Mark

#4 2019-07-22 05:39:20

rod barbee
Website

Adding screenshots: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7046

If you’re with Bluehost, things usually just work. Ben will probably need to take a look. You can save some time by emailing him with a link to this topic along with Backlight admin and FTP longin credentials

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-07-22 12:13:36

mmanfrediwork

Rod, Thanks again.  Not sure who Ben is nor his contact info.  I sent you the info you suggested in your last post to rod@barbeephoto.com.  Please feel free to forward to Ben.  Thanks

v/r
Mark

#6 2019-07-22 16:03:12

mmanfrediwork

Problem appears to be solved.  I noted when I attempted to edit each Published Collection or Published Collection Set within my Lightroom TTG Publisher I got the same error message I was getting when I attempted to publish these collections.  See the screenshot:

Screen-Shot-2019-07-21-at-7.56.08-PM.jpg

After clicking OK on error message then clicking Edit for each album and album set the error no longer appeared and I was able to publish the albums.  I have no idea what clicking Edit did, or what it does, because there are no subsequent windows or messages that pop up but seems to have solved this problem.

Last edited by mmanfrediwork (2019-07-22 16:14:02)

#7 2019-07-22 18:28:54

mmanfrediwork

Update:  While I am now able to "publish" albums and album sets via lightroom not all the photos are being displayed on the website.  All the photos are in fact uploaded to the galleries folder on the server (Bluehost) under Public_html.  If you go to my website,  http://www.markandmichellegallery.com, and click on galleries, you will see 5 album sets.  They all have several albums associated with them but only "Family and Friends" and "Troubleshooting" display the albums and photos in the albums when clicked.  The others are blank, but again the photos are uploaded on the server.  Also, please note the lack of thumbnails for each album set web on the Gallery page.  Finally, for now, is there a way to insert one large image on a page, like the home page?  Thanks

#8 2019-07-22 21:34:36

Ben

Editing an album causes it to be created in the server if for some reason it doesn’t exist there.

#9 2019-07-22 21:49:52

rod barbee
Website

Finally, for now, is there a way to insert one large image on a page, like the home page?

If you have Theater, you can create a single image album using the Still Images presentation option and then insert that album into the Home page.

Or you can add an image using html in the home page's copy area: https://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto … opy-areas/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-07-22 22:15:03

rod barbee
Website

For the thumbnails representing album sets on the Galleries page,
Edit the album set and under the Base Settings tab, choose a Cover Image

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2019-07-23 16:06:13

mmanfrediwork

Rod, Ben, Thanks.  Problem solved.  I went thru and edited each album and album set again as well as selected a cover pic for each and that worked.  Previously I had edited each album and albium set at least twice with no effect, however, then, after I did that, I published the album again.  This time I did not publish anything, though not sure why that would have had any negative impact.

I did purchase the Theater module (as well as Galleria and WP Theme) and can see it listed and installed under Backlight Modules.  However, after going thru Designer and Publisher I see no way to use these modules.  What should I be looking for and where because I certainly want to use Theater to post videos.  Thanks

Mark

#12 2019-07-23 16:25:27

mmanfrediwork

As my wife would say, "look with your eyes, not with your mouth".  Ok, I found the instructions for using the add-on modules, Theater, Galleria, etc.  Thanks again

v/r
Mark

#13 2019-10-26 02:32:02

kanga

Thanks Mark,
Your solution worked for me too
John

Board footer