Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-05 05:29:32

LifeIsABeach

Client Gallery - Question re: "Access code" in TTG Publisher

I am trying to share a single private client gallery with multiple people so they can each make their own independent selections from the same gallery. Is this possible? I'm trying to do this using "Access Code" rather than assigning multiple people to one gallery.

First question: When exactly does the "Access code" expire in a browser? After accessing a hidden private "access coded" gallery using the access code for the first time (works fine), after which, I close the page and the browser, reopen browser and go back to the gallery, flush the cache and cookies from the last hour, it still lets me access the gallery without the code? Is that what is intended?

I am looking to provide a single link to multiple people along with just one "Access Code"?

Is there a "logout" feature when using an "Access Code"?

Using the access code as described: After selecting "Close Feedback and Clear Feedback in Browser" in "Edit Client Response Settings" and sending selections, the feedback is cleared in the browser, but new feedback is allowed. Is this the way the system is intended to work?

Thanks in advance.

Perry J.

#2 2019-07-06 07:26:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Client Gallery - Question re: "Access code" in TTG Publisher

Protected galleries require an access code to view and interact with. While Ben would need to chime in on the specifics of expiry, protected sessions do not persist. For example, quitting the browser will kill the session. Take note of the difference between quitting the browser, and merely closing a tab (while keeping the browser application running).

In general, users will need to access the protected gallery and complete their session in a single sitting.

You can "log out" a user by visiting the URL with `?logout`, i.e. `domain.com/galleries/gallery/?logout`.

This is technically not logging out, because the user is never truly logged in; this will cancel the access session, returning the gallery to protected status.

Protected galleries are never closed for feedback, as the session is never bound to a persistent user.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2019-07-07 03:39:17

LifeIsABeach

>> While Ben would need to chime in on the specifics of expiry, protected sessions do not persist. For example, quitting the browser will kill the session. Take note of the difference between quitting the browser, and merely closing a tab (while keeping the browser application running).

Just tried it according to your notes which is what I did in my first attempt and described in my initial message -- closed the tab, closed the browser (latest version of Firefox), reopened the browser, opened a new tab, went directly to the private link, and no code was required the second time around. The first session was opened, the code was required and accepted.

Is the information you provided regarding these details in the documentation? If so, please direct me.

In my quest to provide a single gallery to multiple people where each gets to make and maintain their own selections, and when I otherwise setup the single gallery for multiple clients, I note that one client's selections, once "sent", are combined with the next client's selections which have not been sent.

My question: Does the system maintain each client's selections independent of any other clients' selection for the same gallery?

Thank you!

Perry J.

#4 2019-07-07 03:54:30

rod barbee
Website

if you are attempting to create an album for multiple people where each gets to make and maintain their own selections," then you'll need to create multiple clients in the Client Response area of Backlight. Otherwise, when those people enter the album and make their selections, there is no "maintaining." They need to submit their selections during their session or lose their selections. There's no logging in, make a few selections, close the browser, and then come back later. That would be a Private album, requiring a Client Account and access.

With a "Protected" album, you could give out one access code to everybody. They should be able go to the album, enter their access code, and make and submit their selections. I believe Post Submission Actions should be set to "Clear Feedback in Browser" for this to work.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-07-07 06:30:04

LifeIsABeach

>> if you are attempting to create an album for multiple people where each gets to make and maintain their own selections," then you'll need to create multiple clients in the Client Response area of Backlight.

As I went to duplicate earlier efforts to create a test gallery of 6 photos and assign two people to them to see if selections are maintained independently regardless of either set of selections has been "sent", I am now getting this error message after I try to access the gallery. I have gotten this several times now since I attempted to set up this test gallery:

Unexpected error: Call to a member function getType() on null in 104-include-2.0.0-1-13-menu_6.view-1.template on line 532

None of my private client galleries are functional now when I try to access them through a direct link. The only way I can reach them is through the admin panel and "visit site".

I had earlier submitted a request for support for another issue related to clients and Ben made repairs directly so I don't know if all of this is related. Ben has my credentials for my site.

Thank you for your assist!

Last edited by LifeIsABeach (2019-07-07 06:57:26)

#6 2019-07-07 07:38:05

Ben

Hi Perry, can you provide a link where we can see that error?

Board footer