Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-22 19:16:05

photocoen
Website

Updating from BL1 to BL2 - initial questions

Heya all,

Great to be back!

I planned my Saturday to upgrade from BL1 to BL2 and work on my photo site. But I run into some confusing instructions.

Can someone please help me out and tell me what's the right thing to do.

Here the catch:

On this page Upgrading from Backlight to Backlight 2 it says:

Upgrading from Backlight to Backlight 2 is a relatively simple process.

1. Delete or move aside everything from within /backlight except for /backlight/data and /backlight/custom. Make sure to leave any gallery folders untouched.

2. Continue to install Backlight 2 according to the Backlight 2 Installation Setup

Assuming it talks about moving or deleting the BL1 files on the server side - I did that.

Then I went over to the Backlight 2 Installation Setup instructions:

On this page Backlight 2 Installation & Setup it says:

1. First step, unzip the downloaded Backlight-2-Installer ZIP file.

2. Copy the files from within the ZIP to your server.

Now the following questions come up:

1. There is already an old folder called /backlight/data on the server. (As per instructions I needed it untouched) Now what do I do with the new /backlight/data folder from the zip file? Overwrite? If so, what was the purpose of keeping it in the first place?

2. There is already an old folder called /backlight/custom on the server. (As per instructions I needed it untouched) Now what do I do with the new /backlight/custom folder from the zip file? Overwrite? If so, what was the purpose of keeping it in the first place?.

3. The same question about both the files index.php and .httaccess files (4 times) both inside the /backlight folder and outside in the zip file

I can just go and experiment, but I burned my fingers too many times.

So can somebody please shed a light on the situation on what is the correct procedure?

Adventurous greetings,
Coen

#2 2019-06-22 22:05:28

Ben

Re: Updating from BL1 to BL2 - initial questions

The installer files are both for installing a new site from scratch or upgrading from Backlight 1.
New sites will need all directories copied, including backlight/data/ and backlight/custom/  If you are upgrading from Backlight 1, keep these as-is and do not copy those directories from the installer.

In all cases, copy index.php and .htaccess from the backlight/ directory of the installer to the backlight/ directory of your server.
Unless you are using Wordpress, also copy index.php and .htaccess from the top directory of the installer to the top directory of your site.

#3 2019-06-23 03:03:41

photocoen
Website

Okay, thank you Ben.

I did all that and when I hit the /backlight/installer, this hits me in the face:

Warning: include_once(views/_header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 1

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'views/_header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 1

Warning: include_once(views/_message.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 2

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'views/_message.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 2
Please provide details for your SendOwl Backlight 2 order to proceed with installation.

Order ID for your Backlight 2 purchase 
Email used for Order 

Warning: include_once(views/_footer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 18

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'views/_footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/landcr1q/photocoen.com/backlight/installer/views/login.php on line 18

I will try and enter those details, and see where that brings me...

#4 2019-06-23 03:07:56

photocoen
Website

BL2 INSTALLED!

But I must say instructions are not as they should be...

Aslo when asked for the admin password and you are coming from BL1, it is not: Log in with username admin, password ttg8888.  You should enter with your BL1 admin password!

Going to see where it will lead me tonight...

#5 2019-06-23 03:24:19

photocoen
Website

I can enter the backside of the site, but on the front I get a big fat

This page isn’t working www.photocoen.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I'm emailing Ben right now with admin guest credentials. It would be awesome if you could shed a light on things and help me out.. no rush.

Adventurous greetings,
Coen

#6 2019-06-23 04:43:21

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Fixed.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2019-06-23 04:57:22

photocoen