Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-09 21:52:46

pideja

Navigation menu quirks

On this site, pideja.ca, I am using a vertical navigation scheme, on the left side. Fairly straightforward, it only has three items: Accueil (Home), Portfolio and Contact. Works fine but when going to PORTFOLIO (a Theater module), the menu resorts to the hamburger on the right side. This seems confusing to me, going from left to right. Any way to get it to be the normal vertical navigation bar on the left? Or at least the hamburger on the left? There are breadcrumbs already on the right side. I will dispense with that.

#2 2019-05-09 22:13:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: Navigation menu quirks

You’re probably using a different page template for that Theater album template.

Also, is that the right url to the site? When I look, I see no "Portfolio" item in the menu. There's a Galleries link that goes to the Galleries page.
The nav menu on all pages is on the left. No hamburger icon on desktop presentations anywhere.

but your Home and Contact links go to 404 errors.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-05-09 23:20:12

pideja

The site, https://pideja.ca/danlev/ works fine for me. Here are the three screen grabs at 1920px viewport:

accueil

portfolio

contact

I'm using a graphic image as a masthead. Problem is, at other viewport sizes, the navigation and masthead are not responsive. This how it looks at 1440px wide viewport.
image_1440

So, in a nutshell, the navigation seems to work but the pages are not responsive.
I realize this is a bit off topic. Would you prefer I do a new post?

Last edited by pideja (2019-05-09 23:20:42)

#4 2019-05-10 00:16:37

rod barbee
Website

the portfolio page is using a different page template than the rest. This is why the navigation is different.
Assign the same page template to the Theater album template as you've assigned to the home page.

as to the the menu encroaching on the text, looks like you've got 200px of padding set in the Vertical Navigation settings.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-05-10 01:09:18

pideja

I assigned the Main page template to the Portfolio page; then, not finding the padding setting for the Vertical Navigation setup, I changed the layout/pallet gutters to 100 which makes sense, the menu is now aligned left with the masthead text. I can't find any other padding setting than in the Alternate Settings for Mobile>menu items>padding that I set to 10 so the menu items have a good separation between them. All of this on the main page settings page.

If I may: the video image in the Portfolio page is a bit low relative to the top of the page. And, I guess the video is also a bit smaller in size because of the vertical navigation. Any way to fix this?

#6 2019-05-10 01:22:03

rod barbee
Website

vertical navigation settings are in Navigation > Vertical Navigation > Padding. It's at the bottom of the section.

for the video check top margin settings in the album template. For the video, you might have to play with native width and height. Just a guess as I've not really tested much at all with video.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer