Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-17 18:05:17

Regine
Website

Thumbnails with different sizes

Hi,
In one of my gallery, the thumbnails have a strange behaviour : one of the images doesn't have the same size than the others. When i republish the album, it's another image that has a different size as the others. You can see it here : http://test.f-comme-photo.fr/galleries/03-Allumettes/. The last image has a hight more important than the others.

Thank you

#2 2019-04-17 18:59:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnails with different sizes

What thumbnail layout are you using?
Are you publishing through Lightroom?
When you republish are you republishing all images?
If publishing with Lightroom, in the Lightroom Publisher Settings is the “Push metadata without updating existing photos” box checked?
What happens if you change the order of images? Is it always the last image that is different?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-04-17 19:15:14

Regine
Website

Hi Rod,

I use the Masonry Grid, the same I use for this gallery : http://test.f-comme-photo.fr/galleries/ … -urbaines/, here I don't have the problem. I'm publishing directly in Backlight, not through Lightroom. If I change the order of images, it's the same image that is different, not the last. When I republish all images, it's another image that has the problem, and it doesn't have to be the last one.

#4 2019-04-17 23:22:39

rod barbee
Website

In the album you link to at the top (the matchsticks), four of the five of the thumbnails were published at 750px high (scaled to 498px). The fourth thumbnail (first on on the bottom row) is published at 705px (scaled to 468px).
This makes that last thumbnail look like it has more height than the others when in reality, it only has more height than the one next to it.

I think the reason you're seeing what you see is that all of the thumbnails are published at 500px wide (scaled to 332px) and the height is what the height is based on the aspect ratio of the image.

I think that the Masonry layout prioritizes the width of the image (based on the number of columns, width of gallery, cell margins and padding). So they all have the same width and the height depends on the aspect ratio.

If you crop the first image in the second row to the same 3:2 aspect ratio as the others, then all heights will be the same.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-04-18 00:21:20

Regine
Website

Hi Rod,

Thank you very much !
I resized the first image in the second row to the same ratio as the others. Now, everything is fine !

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this forum and you Rod, for the precious and quick help.

#6 2019-04-18 00:35:51

rod barbee
Website

smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer