Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-17 06:38:15

Sensorman

Plugin for LightRoom 6?

I have been using CE4 for a number of years and am coming up against the PHP obsolescence issue - it doesn't appear to work with PHP 7.0 or higher.  I feel I should start again with Backlight 2.  However, I have Lightroom 6 and before I dive in I should like to know whether it will work with the Backlight Publish Services plugin for Lightroom CC Classic.  I do not really want to invest in another (cut-down version) of LightRoom.

#2 2019-03-17 06:47:50

Ben

Re: Plugin for LightRoom 6?

We still endeavour to have CE4 work on the latest version of PHP.  What errors are you seeing?

#3 2019-03-17 06:54:22

rod barbee
Website

The Publisher plugin works with Lightroom 6

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-03-18 02:06:34

Sensorman

Ben wrote:

We still endeavour to have CE4 work on the latest version of PHP.  What errors are you seeing?

Basically the galleries fail to display. Using PHP 7.0 and 7.2 the "About" and "Contact" pages were blank.  I tried PHP 7.3 and there was quite a lot of script returned as errors.  I'm no programmer so it meant nothing to me.  I thought the best option was to step back to PHP 5.6 and all was well again.

#5 2019-03-18 17:24:11

skipper

Sensorman wrote:
Ben wrote:

Basically the galleries fail to display. Using PHP 7.0 and 7.2 the "About" and "Contact" pages were blank.  I tried PHP 7.3 and there was quite a lot of script returned as errors.  I'm no programmer so it meant nothing to me.  I thought the best option was to step back to PHP 5.6 and all was well again.

Sounds very familiar. My CE4 site also didn't work with php 7.x any more. Are you by any chance using 1und1 as a host? And they charge you almost 10 € per month for php 5.6 legacy support?

I upgraded to Backlight2 from CE4 and had my new test site done within a few hours! It is so much easier to use than the LR CE4 Pages and you can be completely independent of LR!

You can't do anything wrong upgrading. My2Cents.

#6 2019-03-18 23:08:33

Sensorman

skipper wrote:
Sensorman wrote:
Ben wrote:

Sounds very familiar. My CE4 site also didn't work with php 7.x any more. Are you by any chance using 1und1 as a host? And they charge you almost 10 € per month for php 5.6 legacy support?

I upgraded to Backlight2 from CE4 and had my new test site done within a few hours! It is so much easier to use than the LR CE4 Pages and you can be completely independent of LR!

You can't do anything wrong upgrading. My2Cents.

Hi Skipper - thanks for the feedback.
I'm using Fasthosts in the UK.  The charge about the same but I would have to pay more for legacy PHP support.  So your suggestion of upgrading to Backlight 2 sounds like the best option for me.

Board footer