Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-02 08:57:34

usbud

Newbie....Backlight 2 install error on Synology NAS

Hi

I copied the appropriate files (including .htaccess) to the root web directory on my Synology NAS but get the following error when trying to install

Help please!

Thanks

James

Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 13

Warning: copy(../data/sessions/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 16

Warning: copy(../data/sessions/index.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 19

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 49

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 52

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 53

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 54

Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 60

Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 13

Warning: copy(../data/admin/.htaccess): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 16

Warning: copy(../data/admin/index.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 19

Warning: copy(../data/admin/installer.sq3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/backlight/installer/lib/InstallerUtility.php on line 36
Install Backlight 2

#2 2019-03-02 09:12:34

usbud

Re: Newbie....Backlight 2 install error on Synology NAS

So I fixed the permissions issue and now get the following error message

Unable to find the SQLite module. Backlight 2 requires the PDO, SQLite and XML modules. Make sure that these modules are installed and enabled.

#3 2019-03-02 09:24:55

rod barbee
Website

are those modules installed and enabled?
is this on a virtual server?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2019-03-02 09:32:04

usbud

ok, they are now....found out how.

Now I get the log in with my order and email address, enter that and get the following error message?

"Install Backlight 2

The installer was unable to connect to the server: https://get.theturninggate.net/install/has_backlight/
"

I'm new at this so learning on the way!

#5 2019-03-02 09:33:07

usbud

seems as though my Synology can't get to the internet?  Does that seem correct?

#6 2019-03-02 09:40:31

rod barbee
Website

You must be connected to the internet to install Backlight 2. Seems that your Synology is not connected.

I'm guessing your working in localhost? I've not tried installing Backlight 2 in a virtual hosting environment yet so I don't even know if it's possible.

Maybe someone who's done it will drop in to comment.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-03-02 09:47:06

rod barbee
Website

I take that back. I have installed Backlight 2 to a virtual server. So it does work.

I've installed it in Desktop Server, which is an xampp-based WordPress development environment. I've not tried it using WAMP yet though.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2019-03-02 10:00:14

usbud

I'm trying to get it working on a localhost on my Synology NAS.  The NAS is connected to my network which is connected to the internet and all works great. NAS updates software from the internet, I can access it remotely etc.

But for some reason still can't install.  So, looking for anyone who has Backlight2 installed successfully on a Synology NAS. 

Thanks

J

#9 2019-03-02 10:03:08

rod barbee
Website

try a forum search. Might be there's someone who's tried it already

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-03-02 10:34:19

Ben

Hi James, Backlight requires a well-configured and supported Linux server.  As you've found, a Synology NAS doesn't fit the bill out of the box.
Can you check that the Curl PHP module is installed?  If you add a file called info.php on your server with the following contents, then view the file in your browser (at e.g. http://127.0.0.1/info.php)

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

There should be a section for curl with a bunch of settings.  If it's not there then you'll need to install the module. If the PHP Curl modules is already installed, then there's something in the PHP, Apache or server configuration that's blocking requests to external servers.  A first point of diagnosis would be to run the following command from your terminal:

telnet get.theturninggate.net 443

or if telnet is not available:

wget https://get.theturninggate.net

Similar commands exist for the curl linux command.  Whichever one is available should be able to connect to the server.  That will at least indicate whether your server can connect to ours or not.

#11 2019-03-02 10:39:18

usbud

Ben

Many thanks, that nailed it.  I didn't have curl installed.  All installed ok now so am just starting to configure.

Many thanks

James

Board footer