Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 23:50:21

Dave C

Unable to UploadRendition

I'm "Unable to UploadRendition". It started a couple of weeks ago. I'm able to upload between 1 and 6 photos at a time then the message appears. I've logged in to Backlight, but there's no 'Backlight Modules', [I'm using Backlight 1]. Using ftp I can see the 'modules' folder but there is no 'module-publisher' inside it. The version of PHP is 5.6.38.

"Rod's reply:

"Dave, yours may be a case of php upload limits.
See: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … 454#p43454

"if editing your php.ini file doesn't work, can you repost under a new topic in the Backlight Support forum?"

There isn't a php.ini file, and I would say that there never has been [I download all my work to my local PC and it's not there]. There are:
.htaccess
index.php

I've not had this problem before and I've often uploaded a few hundred photos in one session.

Last edited by Dave C (2019-02-26 02:13:30)

#2 2019-02-26 00:27:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: Unable to UploadRendition

You can create a php.ini file from your host’s cpanel

Has your host made any changes lately? There's been no change in Backlight 1 for quite a while so that points to a change in your hosting.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-26 05:10:16

Ben

Hi Dave, who are you hosting with?  If you're with GoDaddy then they may be blocking your uploads.  If that's the case, have a look at your Publisher instance settings (by double-clicking the "TTG Publisher" bar in Lightroom) and see if there's a "Delay API Requests by n seconds" option under "Other Publisher Options".  Enabling that will slow down the pace of requests and help avoid being blocked by the host.

#4 2019-02-26 06:43:28

Dave C

Nothing will currently upload. I've created a ticket with my host [Easyspce].

The 'delay' box is blank. I'll try with it ticked.

I'll try again tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks to you both for your suggestions.

Last edited by Dave C (2019-02-26 06:47:39)

#5 2019-02-26 08:39:30

Ben

Hi Dave, what message are you seeing?  Can you locate the file ttg.log under your Documents directory on your PC, and email it to me?

#6 2019-02-27 18:52:37

Dave C

Having spoken at length with a very helpful Easysoace [part of Iomart], the suggestion eventually was that the fault lies within pdoextended.php.

He was initially expecting to fond a database and couldn't. He then thought that this file acts like a database and could be corrupted.

I have a 10 month old copy of this file on my PC. I replaced the current one with this [after re-naming the current one], but still I cannot upload.

"Can't update this collection.
Unable to perform action: uploadRendition.
Message: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 10 disk I/O erro9r sql;
'INSERT INTO'photo'
('album_id','is_complete','filename','url','title','id','created')Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?)'
params:
array (
'album_id'=>47505,
'is_complete'=>'no'
'filename'=>'2019_Sheffield_And_Tinsley_Canal_Bicentenary-121.jpg',
'url'=>
...://galleries.photolens.co.uk/Photo_Library/Transport/Canal/Shef...
'title'=>'2019_Sheffield_And_Tinsley_Canal_Bicentenary-121.jpg',
'id'=>47505_78401',
'created'=>'2019-02-25 12:10:13',
) in PdoExtended.php on line 552

#7 2019-02-27 20:43:20

Ben

Hi Dave, your host's technical support sounds very helpful.  pdoextended.php is the file that accesses the database.  The databases reside in seperate files.  In particular, the file that's causing an issue is data/publisher/master.sq3.
I suspect that the file has not been corrupted but that there is some other system issue.  Can you find that file and email it to me so that I can check whether there's anything wrong with it?

Board footer