Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 08:27:50

JimR
Website

moving existing BL to a new site

I'm getting close to moving the templates and configuration I've done on the staging site to the live site. The staging site only has a few albums and album sets, just for testing. The live site has hundreds.

I'm wondering what files I need to copy to get the new site as a clone of the staging site. I don't want to re-publish all the images on the live site. I'm not changing anything about its structure. I'm not changing image sizes. So I shouldn't need to re-publish (other than the meta data changes).

Exporting and importing the templates has some gaps. I tried that and found that I was spending a lot of time finding and then filling in the gaps.

It looks like I can simply copy the /custom/ directory. The /data/ directory is another matter. There are multiple sub-directories, containing databases. I don't know if anything in those databases are linked to the files on the site.

Can I simply copy both /data/ and /custom/ BL directories from the staging site to the live site, or is it more complicated?

--Jim

#2 2019-02-25 09:41:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: moving existing BL to a new site

the data/ folder contains your album and album set info. So you probably don't want to move the data/ folder from your staging site to your production site.

If this is just an update of the design and you're not going from Backlight 1 to Backlight 2, then exporting templates from from your staging site and importing and assigning them in the production site would probably be the thing to do.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer