Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-25 04:31:14

scottfrey

Editing captions

It took me a long time of frustration to figure out that after changing captions, you need to republish. It says that on the tokens explanation page, but it might be useful to have it right on the Backlight interface where you edit tokens. My error was in just looking for token names, since that is what I was typing in.

My fault, but a prompt right on the design interface would have saved a lot of frustration.

Set image captions using metadata tokens, described here.You must re-publish for changes to take effect

Tokens

#2 2019-02-25 05:41:26

JimR
Website

Re: Editing captions

If you're only changing the tokens, then you might change the LR publishing option to only update metadata. It will go MUCH faster, since you're not uploading new images.

--Jim

#3 2019-02-25 07:39:11

scottfrey

I have that set. Still not fast with 223 albums. Also, Lightroom has started throwing C errors when I try to update a lot at once. Pretty tedious

#4 2019-02-25 08:11:51

JimR
Website

LR has always had problem publishing "too many" albums at once. I've suffered from it so much I only publish one at a time anymore. I have over 100 albums, and dred making any changes that require re-publishing.

--Jim

Board footer