Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-17 04:10:39

Jean-Paul

LR Publisher plugin 4.0.7 not functioning anymore

Last week I ran an update for all BL2 modules and copied the new plugin for Lightroom to the proper directory.
Despite these actions the uploads to my website won't function anymore. I receive a load of errors within Lightroom, upon publishing or updating an album. Creating an album is fine, it is visible on my website, but I'm stuck with errorts when uploading the images.

Log file: JSON.lua.458: JSON.lua:197: can't parse JSON at char 1 of... etcetera.

I tried different actions from within BL2, but nothing solves the problem. Do you have any suggestions?

#2 2019-02-17 04:21:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: LR Publisher plugin 4.0.7 not functioning anymore

Check your Backlight Modules page. Looks like there's some new updates as of yesterday (2.0.7 for Backlight, 4.0.7 for module-publisher)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-17 05:37:17

Ben

The "etcetera" might be useful in seeing what the issue is.  Make sure to update your LR Publisher from the Backlight Modules page, so that it's version 4.0.7.

#4 2019-02-17 16:47:14

Jean-Paul

Hi Rod and Ben, thanks for your replies. Before posting this ticket I did a double check within BL2 modules and LR. Everything is set to Publisher 4.0.7 . I ran these updates after the previous versions gave me the same problems.

I saved my log file from LR Publisher plugin, so if it helps I can send it to you.

#5 2019-02-17 16:49:48

Jean-Paul

A copy straight from the log:

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Volumes/Lightroom Catalog/Lightroom Settings/Publisher Templates/TTG-Publisher.lrplugin

**** Error 1

This plug-in’s post-processing task did not finish successfully.
JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can't parse JSON at char 1 of: Call to undefined function exif_read_data()|#0 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-publisher/application/helpers/ImageResizer.php(37): ImageResizer->calculateRequiredRotation()
#1 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-publisher/application/delegates/PublisherDelegate.php(830): ImageResizer->__construct('/tmp/phpL7O8cI')
#2 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-publisher/application/delegates/PublisherDelegate.php(575): PublisherDelegate->moveImageFiles(Array, Array, Array, '/home/wagem33/d...', 'JPWFoto_2019021...', false)
#3 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php(455): PublisherDelegate->uploadRendition(423170, Array)
#4 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/controllers/Controller.php(56): ApiController->uploadRendition()
#5 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/models/Dispatchable.php(135): Controller->dispatch(Array)
#6 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(73): Dispatchable->dispatch()
#7 /home/wagem33/domains/jpwfoto.nl/public_html/backlight/index.php(32): Framework->route()
#8 {main}|URL: /backlight/index.php

#6 2019-02-18 05:28:30

Ben

Hi Jean-Paul, this is caused by missing support for the 'exif' module in PHP.  Can you enable this PHP module or request your host's technical support to enable it?

#7 2019-02-19 04:23:50

Jean-Paul

Hi Ben, problem solved, thanks for your support. Tech support from my hosting company enabled the exif module.

Just curious, since I didn't have this problem before: is this because of the update of BL2 or is it something that went wrong on the server side of my website?

#8 2019-02-19 07:52:19

Ben

Jean-Paul wrote:

Hi Ben, problem solved, thanks for your support. Tech support from my hosting company enabled the exif module.

Just curious, since I didn't have this problem before: is this because of the update of BL2 or is it something that went wrong on the server side of my website?

I'm glad you're able to get back on track.  What's happened in Backlight is that I added code in version 2.0.6 to check for image orientation and to rotate images if needed.  This fix largely applies to uploads through the Backlight uploader, but affects the LR uploader because the code is common between the two upload processes.  Since LR produces images that don't need rotating, this check is redundant for images uploaded from LR, so I'll be looking to skip the rotation handling for this scenario.

While that should fix the error you've encountered, exif* functions are used by the Backlight uploader, for image rotation and extraction of metadata, so enabling the exif module on your server is best for the long term.  I'm looking to add a check for the availability of the exif module and clear messaging and instructions for when it's needed but not found.

Board footer