Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-02 02:34:52

scottfrey

New image renditions not being generated on republish

Mostly I am trying to make bigger (useable for iconic) thumbnails, but I have discovered that Lightroom is not making new image editions at all when I "mark to republish". It does make the new renditions (to the size I have set) when publishing new albums. It even does when I add a new photo to an existing album, but I cannot trigger a new rendition for an already existing image.

(yes, I am aware of the "make custom thumbnails post" by Matt. the problem is I really want to have random thumbnails, and I have a lot of album sets to keep track of, too many to choose custom thumbnails for)

Failure process:
- Updated from CE3 to Backlight2
- Accepted when Lightroom wanted me to republish when setting up new publisher plug-in
- "Publish" all albums and sets
- Notice that (in ftp client) the dates of files in "thumbnails" and "photos" have not changed (most date back to 2015, oldest to 2009)
- Notice that thumbnail sizes are really small (long ago setting was 180px)
- Add new photo to album and publish and it gets correct sized rendition

So, it's working correctly for new images (and hence probably not a backlight problem) but Lightroom is not generating new renditions for previously (CE3) published albums.

What am I missing?

#2 2019-02-02 02:44:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: New image renditions not being generated on republish

Go to the Publiher Settings in Lightroom and uncheck the “Push metadata without updating existing photos” box

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-02 03:15:55

scottfrey

Re: New image renditions not being generated on republish

I hate it when computers do exactly what I tell them to do.

That was it. Can't even call that a problem, just didn't remember that was a setting.

Board footer