Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-19 22:04:17

llot

Where to install Backlight2

I have watched and read the tutorial on how to install - but am not able to get it working.
When I install the files as per the tutorial to my root directory, I get as far as installing it and logging in with the admin username and password, and to the screen where you input your site settings. When I try to save settings I get this error:

session_start(): open(../backlight/data/sessions/sess_9c3b0dde6936fbcab51db85df0773eb3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/lisalpho/...', 156, Array) #1 /home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(156): session_start() #2 /home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(390): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(148): Framework->handleSession() #4 /home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(41): Framework->init() #5 /home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/index.php(31): Framework->__construct('..', Array) #6 {main}|URL: /backlight/index.phpfile_put_contents(../backlight/data/class_lookup.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory|/home/lisalpho/public_html/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/ClassFinder.php|113

My other problem is that I am running Wordpress for my website, so when I put the Backlight2 files in my root directory it replaces my wordpress index.php file and therefore no one can access my site - it goes directly to the Backlight2 installer.
I tried creating a new folder in my root directory (called ttg), put the unzipped Backlight2 files in this and got as far as the same point above, and got what seems to be the same type of error message:

session_start(): open(../backlight/data/sessions/sess_9c3b0dde6936fbcab51db85df0773eb3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/home/lisalpho/...', 156, Array) #1 /home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(156): session_start() #2 /home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(390): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(148): Framework->handleSession() #4 /home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/modules/module-framework/Framework.php(41): Framework->init() #5 /home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/index.php(31): Framework->__construct('..', Array) #6 {main}|URL: /ttg/backlight/index.phpfile_put_contents(../backlight/data/class_lookup.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory|/home/lisalpho/public_html/ttg/backlight/modules/module-framework/helpers/ClassFinder.php|113

Can someone help? I am lost sad

#2 2019-01-19 23:21:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: Where to install Backlight2

First, if your site is based on WordPress, and you’re only going to use Backlight for your albums, then only upload the backlight/ and galleries/ folders from the unzipped backlight-Installer folder.

The main problem sounds like server issue with permissions or something.
See if this helps: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … irectories

Otherwise, consider sending Backlight Admin and FTP credentials to Ben along with a link to this topic.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-19 23:53:15

llot

Thanks! I will try that.

#4 2019-01-20 00:16:44

llot

Looks like things are working correctly just by only copying over those 2 folders.
Thanks again!

#5 2019-01-20 18:48:50

llot

Actually, this did not solve my issue. I was able to get further into the admin panel and through to a few menu items but then I still got that error. I did change my permissions as well, and this did not help either.
Any other ideas?

#6 2019-01-20 22:26:39

rod barbee
Website

Same advice as above (#2), send your Backlight and ftp login info to Ben.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2019-01-20 22:56:48

llot

Ok Thanks - I did that, just waiting for reply. Thought I might be able to try something else in the meantime smile
Thanks smile

Board footer