Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-24 11:17:13

rmuma

Fresh install

I want to do a fresh install. I tried to delete the files in my server directory but it wont let me. So I deleted all that I could and then did a new upload over the existing files. The installer runs as it did the first time but when I got into the website the two Albums where still there from the first install.
I had loaded them from Lightroom but now want to use backlight 2 for uploads. I deleted the Albums in Lightroom and they no longer show. I can't get rid of TTG Publisher in Lightroom also. Most important I want to start over. I want to use Backlight 2 as the photo manager.

I am also confused does?
Top-level Gallery = "Galleries" in the menu
Album Set = A container to hold Albums "Bob's Pictures"
Album = "Horses"
Album = "Dogs"
Album = "Cats"

Please be patient with a old man, thanks

#2 2018-12-24 12:26:35

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Fresh install

If you go to /backlight/publisher, do you see the albums? If yes, delete them or modify them there. If no, you can delete them in /galleries. If you get an error deleting them with FTP, try to log into the cpanel on you web host and delete them there.

Yes, an album set is a container for albums and other album sets. Per default, the top-level album set resides in /galleries.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2018-12-24 16:33:11

rmuma

The Album set and one album are there. I deleted them in publisher. It now lists: Top-level Galleries
Top-level Galleries are created automatically via the Lightroom Publisher module.

Create New Top-level Gallery
Title             Directory    Template             Order By    Breadcrumbs    Path    Album Sets    Albums           
Galleries    Galleries    Default Album Set

When I go to the website and go to Galleries I get: Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@npphotographicsgallery.rmuma.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#4 2018-12-24 23:07:48

Daniel Leu
Website

What happens when you execute /backlight -> Special Links -> Update Album Files

Can you create a new album/album set from /backlight/publisher?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#5 2018-12-24 23:41:54

rmuma

Dan to the best of my ability I: (1) Execute /backlight -> Special Links -> Update Album Files

and (2) attempted to create a new album/album set from /backlight/publisher?  No success. I still get the Internal Service Error

#6 2018-12-25 05:03:11

Daniel Leu
Website

In this case, please email your backlight and ftp login, and a link to this thread to Ben so he can have a closer look at this issue: http://community.theturninggate.net/profile.php?id=101

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#7 2018-12-26 12:34:43

rmuma

Daniel, thanks for the response. I am going to come back to this later, I set up a new domain and have created a new site. This program is easy (so far) when you do things right. It took me a couple of days to remember the TTG method. I'm on a roll and will try to clean up the older site in a few days.

Board footer