Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-16 13:57:29

mhayes5254

Cart configuration

I have set up the cart and configured products and price, made changes to the checkout page, including deletion of several checkboxes and making the address required.

However the installed schemes are still showing up. I have tried clearing cache and a variety of other things with no effect. The following is the gallery I have set up

http://m2photojourney.com/galleries/southwestern-us/

If needed, the guest viewer login and password are:
guest-viewer
guest-viewer1

I can send the guest updater login if it is useful

I would also like to add a Write-in Purchase Button to each gallery in my folios page. The following is an example of a Page I would like to have a purchase button on. It would result in the purchase of the set of all images on the page. Each gallery added to the "Folios" page should have its own button.

http://m2photojourney.com/folios/brooklyn-views/

Where do I add the code? is it to the Page Copy field in the LR gallery, the Page copy in the album template, or somewhere else?

Mike Hayes

Last edited by mhayes5254 (2018-12-16 13:58:38)

#2 2018-12-16 15:38:07

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart configuration

the credentials you posted don't work. Plus, I think we'd need at least Guest Updater to view the templates.

The error showing up can happen if your shipping prices aren't filled out. So check that.

All write-in button code can go into any copy area.

For your application, it sounds like you'd need to write a button for each album. If it's on a per album basis, then add the code to the album copy area (in Lightroom if using the Lightroom Publisher plug-in)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-12-17 02:29:07

mhayes5254

The shipping was incomplete. After fixing it, got "no products are available for sale" and I realized that the available pricing schemes do not show in Lightroom under integration. Only "default" was listed. Typing in the desired scheme fixed the problem.  Is this an error? In other words, should LR show available pricing options. If not, it would be helpful if the documentation reflected this.

The Write in Purchase worked. Thanks. On the resulting checkout page, There is a placeholder.png displayed, but it is blank. I uploaded a png to the folder shown in the image path but it still looks the same. t looks fine if I open it in Mac Preview.

http://m2photojourney.com/backlight/mod … holder.png

Also, is there a way to have different images (placeholder.png) for different Write in Purchase buttons

I mailed you the updater credentials

Thanks
Mike

#4 2018-12-17 02:43:49

rod barbee
Website

I realized that the available pricing schemes do not show in Lightroom under integration. Only "default" was listed. Typing in the desired scheme fixed the problem.  Is this an error? In other words, should LR show available pricing options. If not, it would be helpful if the documentation reflected this.

this is not an error. It's been this way since the cart was first implemented in CE3. It's in the documentation:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … -on_basics under Creating a Cart-enabled Album.

Also, is there a way to have different images (placeholder.png) for different Write in Purchase buttons

yes, just enter the url to the image in the button text by adding the data-thumbnail attribute
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … se_buttons

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-12-17 05:11:53

mhayes5254

I found the description for entering the pricing scheme in LR. I am moving from CE2 so am still learning a lot. Thanks for your patience smile

For the thumbnail issue:
When I leave the data-thumbnail attribute out, the checkout page shows the following path

http://m2photojourney.com/backlight/mod … holder.png

I converted a jpg and placed it there as placeholder.png and it does not show correctly. If i right click and open in a new tab, the image shows correctly.

When I enter another image file in the folder and add the data-thumbnail field, I get quite different behavior.
- In the "add item to cart" dialog I see a broken image link (nothing was there when not using the data-thumbnail entry). opening it in a new tab shows the original folio page
- in the cart, there is no image.

I know it is supposed to be a relative URL from the page location. Apparently I do not know what it is relative to.

For this album
http://m2photojourney.com/folios/manznar/

I currently have the following in LR album page copy(md) field

These images were all taken at the cemetery and monument of the Manzanar concentration camp in the Owens valley of California. This folio consists of all 10 of the images shown below in a folio cover as well as a Coliphon describing the folio. <br> <button class="add-to-cart" data-item="folio-manzanar" data-name="Manzanar" data-price="Folio" data-thumbnail="Manzanar.jpg"> Click to purchase</button>

For the following gallery there is no entry for the data-thumbnail
http://m2photojourney.com/folios/brooklyn-views/

Additional question: I have set up a discount code "family" but it reports "invalid discount code".

#6 2018-12-17 05:31:54

rod barbee
Website

you can use an absolute url for the data-thumbnail value.

For the write-in buttons I have, I've created a folder on the server to house them and for the data-thumbnail value I just enter the absolute url to the specific thumbnail.

No need to mess with what's already in the backlight/ folders

Using what you have: data-thumbnail = "Manzanar.jpg", I believe the thumbnail would have to be directly in the album folder.
For me, it's just much easier to have one folder for all those write-in button thumbnails and to use an absolute url.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-12-17 15:00:07

mhayes5254

Thumbnail problem solved using a combination of absolute URL and images in the album folder. It seems that the absolute URL cannot be in any folder under the the domain (m2photojourney.com). Referencing such a location gives a page not found error.

Thanks

Two more questions

1 - I had also asked about the discount codes. I configured a discount but it did not appear. It now does but I do not know why. When I change the percentage, it does not change in the cart. Apparently there is a ay to refresh it that I do not understand. How can I push  discount code changes to be in effect?

2 - I entered text into the "External Text box for "Terms and conditions" but only the default "Lorum ipsum..." text shows.

Mike

#8 2018-12-17 22:52:47

rod barbee
Website

1) try resetting the cart after making any changes

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-12-17 23:34:04

rod barbee
Website

2 - I entered text into the "External Text box for "Terms and conditions" but only the default "Lorum ipsum..." text shows.

this looks like it could be a bug for Ben to look into. I can reproduce it in my test site.

I've reset the Cart, cleared browser and template cache, and cussed. None of that worked. And usually the last one does....

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2018-12-17 23:48:56

rod barbee
Website

mhayes5254 wrote:

Thumbnail problem solved using a combination of absolute URL and images in the album folder. It seems that the absolute URL cannot be in any folder under the the domain (m2photojourney.com). Referencing such a location gives a page not found error.

strange. it works for me. I have images in a folder named "img" in the root of my test site.

in my write in button I use: data-thumbnail="/img/image-name.jpg"

see this test page: http://backlight-2-100.barbeephoto.com/book/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2018-12-19 14:54:51

mhayes5254

-The absolute URL within my domain is now working. Apparently a typo on my end.
-Terms and conditions now working. The only Backlight change change is I entered the paypal sandbox settings. I also cleared my browser cache.
-Discount code resolved by clearing my browser cache. ant discount code change requires clearing browser

Thanks for the help
Mike

#12 2018-12-19 22:20:39

rod barbee
Website

Terms and Conditions now appearing in my test site too. Wonder why it took so long?
As always, I suspect Nargles.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2018-12-20 06:12:11

Ben

The terms should be tied to the Cart session, requiring a cart reset in the current browser for any change to take effect.

#14 2018-12-20 06:22:00

rod barbee
Website

Thanks Ben.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer